Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to pick up a new daily car (Mondeo ST TDCi) and with reports for DMF and injector issues I thought I would look into a warranty package. I only looked at Quentin Wilson's Warranty Wise as he seems to fight FOR the motorist.

Seems a pretty good package but I obviously need to read the small print.

This Mondeo came to about £30 per month which covered repairs in total up to the purchase value of the car. Then I though, I'd try the Evo.

Evo would be about £40 per month. Is this a license to blow diffs and upgrade bits without costing me a lot? I'd only need to change the DMF on the Mondeo once in 2 years and it would pay for its self and the Evo? Well, one RS diff conversion or a 4.11 gearbox would leave me quids in over 3 years!

Any 1st hand experiences with these type of companies would be fabulous.

:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
I had a Warrantywise warranty on a 320 Cdi sport. One day the fuel pumps died, I had to get it recovered and pay the bill then get it back from them. A bit hard work at the time they were trying to get away without paying for some small parts ie: gaskets and things. The bill came to £920 I think they paid £860 ish.

·
Registered
383 Posts
When I bought the car the dealer sold me an Autoguard Warranty. It was about £700ish but is a lifetime one so each year I just send them a photocopy of the service log book and they renew, no more money paid. I have claimed a couple of things without any problems and I would highly recommend it if you plan on keeping the Evo for a while.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies.

I looked a bit deeper in the Warranty Wise one and it doesn't cover a modified vehicle, so that rules the Evo out as I have a performance air filter. The Mondeo I found out today has a remap, but I reckon I can get away with that.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts