Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Just after some advice for the following issue at work,
Now when i say canteen what do you think..?
Yeah where you eat.
So do you think its fair to put 2 computers in a relitivly small canteen?
This is ****ing a lot of boys at work off therefore i need an executive excuse why they should not be in there?
What case can i put to them from a legal aspect to tell them to get the ****ing things out of there?

·
Registered
10,968 Posts
Hi,
Just after some advice for the following issue at work,
Now when i say canteen what do you think..?
Yeah where you eat.
So do you think its fair to put 2 computers in a relitivly small canteen?
This is ****ing a lot of boys at work off therefore i need an executive excuse why they should not be in there?
What case can i put to them from a legal aspect to tell them to get the ****ing things out of there?
You dont have to use them :lol:

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Are they for personal internet use or for work purposes?

If they are for work, they are not allowed to put them there.

They are supposed to provide a space where you can eat, drink, relax during your tea or dinner breaks.

If for personal use, i can't see the problem (i was a union rep)

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Have you not got a union rep on site?

If so, have a word with him & tell him they are encroaching on your right to have somewhere to have a break from work. If not, try speaking to your employer telling him the same thing,

If they refuse, take your break off works premises, they can't do anything about that as long as you sign out (in case of a fire)

I used to be a delivery driver & my employer tried giving me a bollocking because someone had reported me for having my dinner in a cafe. He said i had to be with my van at all times.
I advised him of the above & said as long as the vehicle is locked (& if possible, within view), i was entitled to take my break wherever i wanted. I could go shopping on my dinner if i wanted as long as i followed the above procedure!

No action was taken, although he did look into it further :crackup:

You don't say what you do? Is it possible to leave?

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Are they encroaching your right to have a break at work if you are on their premises? Interesting.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
Are they encroaching your right to have a break at work if you are on their premises? Interesting.
If the employer has more than 12 employees they have to provide facilties for refreshments this includes a dedicated space to eat away from the working envoirment. under 12 it is pot luck

·
Registered
853 Posts
There could always be a drink spilled over the computer, i'd say once a week for a month would do it....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts