Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you may remember it seems that the bearing(s) have gone in my e6, It's booked into the garage to have a re-build, while It's been done are there any other things that I could get done, for example I'm planning on doing the following anyway, preload reset, all bearing replaced, speedo gear changed if required.

I'm really not sure what is involved in the rebuild and what else it will give me access to that would give a saving on labour costs.

This includes fixing any issues that may come up in the future and upgrades, bare in mind that I am planning upgrades, maybe this would be a good time to upgrade the clutch for example?

If you have any suggestions.....

Ta
R

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ryan,

certainly get the clutch/flywheel checked for signs of wear as they have total access to it after dropping of the box. Good time to replace them as the additional labour would be very low.

Be worth checking the id on the transfer box to see whether a LSD has been fitted to the front. If it has you might consider getting the bolts checked. Bit of a long shot this one though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re:any thing else I can get fixed at the

Thanks Oli,
I remember that HH6 had a front LSD in his, worth a look anyway :) debating about the clutch but I've not done any research into it and I don't have much ordering time until the car goes into the garage, what's more its going to Dudley so I'm not sure the sorts of clutches that are available.

R

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.