Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where have you fitted the compression tank in the front? Right now mine is fitted to the strutbrace, but it makes quite loud noises when the gas flows into the tank. I think the strutbrace amplifies the vibrations of the tank. It's not that bad, but if anyone has a solution it would be appreciated. Also, what settings do you run? I'm running FRONT: Low speed bump 6; High speed bump 12; Rebound 12
REAR: Low speed bump 6; High speed bump 14; Rebound 14.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Michael!

I fit my separate tanks on the strut brace but they are covered by a one piece carbon kevlar cylinder and fixed in the center of the strut brace.
I put some thin self adhesife foam around each end.

I'll try to upload some pictures soon.

I'll check my settings and I'll post them.
Are your settings good? What springs do you have(kg/mm)?
Is your evo lowered?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maxi,

I'm running the gravel springs at the moment (Springrate 75nm??,not sure) so the car sits about 4cm higher than standard, which is not too good as I have lost a lot of camber in the front. All this is will be corrected in about two weeks when I get shorter springs for the back and then the car will come down about 5cm. Only at that time will I be really able to judge the settings. I've tried to counteract the understeer resulting from the lost camber with the rear compression damping and it does work, but not as good as with more front camber. The funny thing is that I realised that you can make the car really comfortable when you turn everything down, it almost feels like a Mercedes (same goes for the handling)! All in all these shocks are in another league compared to the standard ones, I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about upgrading their suspension. This should have been on the first thing on my tuning list...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes the proflex are really good and the ohlins should be even better!

I had gravel progressive springs before at the front(70kg),and normal at rear with helper springs(50kg),but the front springs were too hard,I'm not talking about comfort but fast use,so I went for eibach linear springs(57kg)at the front and now is much better!

My evo v is a little lower than standard especially at the front,even if someones do not agree with the lower suspensions(Claudiushttp://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >).

Where are you from? where did you buy your proflex?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have Dynamic suspensions. They're very comfortable, but yet damp very well. I only notice how stiff they are when I land after an over jump, they don t feel that hard, but they are. Very progressive, easy to drive.

MAXI's Proflex are very hard (backpain!) but they are not set up as they should yet; his car is a little too low.

I like the looks of a lowered car better, but I was told the Evo needs a certain height to be efficient, ie. if you lower it too much, the front anti sway bar bends and the car becomes softer. Sounds true to me.

Claudius

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maxi,

I'm Finnish but live in the UK, about 2 miles from Heathrow airport. I got my suspension from a Mitsubishi WRC mechanic who also fitted them for me. Claudius, your point about lowering the car too much is right, I think, as I have heard it from two suspension experts that knew the car. Apparently the wishbone should be lower than parallel to the anti roll bar. It makes sense when you draw a few vectors and think about how the wishbone will start to pull, rather than push when higher than parallel. And as far as the rally car being decked when on tarmac stages, it uses a different geometry than roadcars. Where are you boys based? Monaco? Quite a few Ferraris down there... Although I have to say that I get my fair share in Egham, which is close to where I live and has two Ferrari dealers. Usually they don't know how to drive though...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you are right there are a few Ferrari here but they can't really compete as a lot of them doesn't know how to drive!!!

Let me know your settings as soon as you get the new springs,and the springs diamater and rate,and if you will get helper springs.
Let me also know your camber and alignement settings.

Now my evo v is -2°each side front camber,-1°rear,|PLS|1°each side alignement,0 rear.

Did you fix the gas tanks differently?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts