Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
acting daft since 1969
19,606 Posts
if its not getting a feed the ecu will just dump in fuel to try and warm it up wont it

water temp is one of the very few defo things an ECU needs to function properly i believe

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if its not getting a feed the ecu will just dump in fuel to try and warm it up wont it

water temp is one of the very few defo things an ECU needs to function properly i believe
i expect so, its only for a few days till i get a new 1, i can run with it connected, in fact i think when cold the car wont start without it, but the car at the moment runs better with it disconnected

Stu

·
acting daft since 1969
19,606 Posts
its defo duff then stu ,it wont run properly warm as its not getting any info on as and when to advance the map to alter the fueling

it may not start with it disconnected as it needs a connection but as it runs with it it may drop in to some form of limp mode when it sees theres an issue

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The ecu will just set a given temp and fuel to that, so yeh, it might run rich for a while.
its defo duff then stu ,it wont run properly warm as its not getting any info on as and when to advance the map to alter the fueling

it may not start with it disconnected as it needs a connection but as it runs with it it may drop in to some form of limp mode when it sees theres an issue
i'll probably reconnect it until the new one comes then, it will drive, its just a pig to drive in traffic

its not showing a fault in datalogging, so i dont even know for sure if it is causing the problem, or by disconnecting it and bringing on the EML, is giving a set of default settings, 1 of them masking the missfire

Stu

1 - 6 of 6 Posts