Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a producer today went to the cop shop the lady filled in a sheet with all my deatails.

What exactly happens then?
do they then contact my insurers to check my details or not?

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
They can check your insurance details via their computer system, no need to contact your insurer. As long as you provided your certificates and they were happy with them then nothing happens. You have satisfied your requirement to produce within 7 days.

·
Registered
9,716 Posts
keets said:
what so they could go on the computer and find out all my details?i.e date of birth,ncd etc?
Yes they could, however they normally just look at the certificates and if happy they just write it down. They may do a computer check but IIRC they normally do that when they stop you and give you the producer?

You sould like a man with something to hide, not a dodgy insurance i hope?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
You should be alright provided it's only the day or month. If it's the year then you need to get in touch with the insurance company asap.

I think provided you have brought in all the docs they want to see and they look kosher then you've done all that's required of you.

If they thought something looked dodgy they probably would have asked you to wait in a side roomm for a moment and then a PC would have come in for chat.

Just get your certificate corrected asap and you should be fine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts