Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys im trying to feed a boost pipe from the dash to the engine bay any one know wheres best place to feed through i cant see any holes or anything to go into the engine bay

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
I fed one through the wiring harness grommet below the ABS pump pass side of the bulkhead on my 6, push a hard pipe or wire through from the engine side and it'll appear behind the glove box somewhere, tape the boost pipe to it and pull back through.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
me i put a small cut in the grommet on the bulkhead and put piece of steel tube in the grommet in the bulkhead then passed the boost pipe through this ,that way the boost pipe wont get flattened ,it will come out above the passengers footwell i ran it across and up through the center consol and fitted the boost gauge in the ashtray, gizmo boost controller it can then be hid with the ashtray closed in my evo 8

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
U on about the grommet under the abs pump if so how did you even manage to even get near it from in the car the heater blower in the way and under the bonnet the abs pump is in the way i cant even get my hand down to the gromet

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
evo 8 bit awkward but doable
i also passed the power lead for the batterie through this grommet aswell
drop the glovebox out ,do you want some pics

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
Use something like a wire coat hanger, push through gently from the engine side, you wont need to reach the grommet and it will appear inside from behind the heater, just be careful with it.

·
Premium Member
474 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill have to try and dig out an old wire hanger i did try some stiff wire but it just kept bending i need to feed a boost pipe and the solenoid wire for my greedy profec 2 controller

1 - 8 of 8 Posts