Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hoping to find someone who MIGHT be a tad cheaper than a random I find on the 'net

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bit of background to the problem, maybe someone can help:

In short, my underfloor heating won't turn off. Even though the wireless receiver is clearly working (http://www.wundatrade.co.uk/electrics/356-wireless-receiver.html) as the light goes off when the thermostat hits temp, something is still keeping the boiler on and pumping through.
At the moment I'm just having to turn the whole boiler off most the time, otherwise it is constantly on, which isn't cheap!

Any ideas?

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Probably Sticking end switch in zone valve for under floor circuit or stiff valve not allowing the valve to close properly. 👍👍

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Probably Sticking end switch in zone valve for under floor circuit or stiff valve not allowing the valve to close properly. 👍👍

Wish I knew what that meant lol
Is that something quite simple to sort do you think? Or do I need to call someone out?

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My friend wrote those details, I know that the things he thinks are pressure gauges are actually temp gauges....

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
The zone valves are the 2 silver boxes on the left hand side with Honey well logo on them. Looking at your pic they both have a raised dimple on them which means you can just change the sliver box on the top- no need to drain system etc, just need to separate it from the valve body and swap wires over in the white honeywell junction box.
I've had a few of the wireless receivers being faulty too- the demand light goes off but still sends voltage to the valve- meaning valve stays open and pump and boiler keep running.

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
The zone valves are the 2 silver boxes on the left hand side with Honey well logo on them. Looking at your pic they both have a raised dimple on them which means you can just change the sliver box on the top- no need to drain system etc, just need to separate it from the valve body and swap wires over in the white honeywell junction box.
I've had a few of the wireless receivers being faulty too- the demand light goes off but still sends voltage to the valve- meaning valve stays open and pump and boiler keep running.

Ahhhh I see what you mean. That makes sense.
Only other thing is that the pump lights are on all the time too suggesting pump is constanty running when I assume it shouldn't be?

Your comment on the wireless receiver does that mean you think that could be the problem again? It would make sense as it does just seem like the system isn't listening to the receiver, just odd the demand light goes off. For £20 it might be worth be getting another one anyway.....

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Either way the pump will be on (receiver or zone valve). The receiver opens the valve, as the valve opens it makes an end switch (in silver box) which sends voltage to pump and boiler.
For £20 it's probably worth trying the receiver 1st

Zone valve heads aren't too much either

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok mate appreciate the advice that's all pretty much making sense. I'll try the receiver first then if not the zone valves. Is it likely to be both valves or just one that would cause a fault?

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Just the one for the underfloor.....you'll have to figure out which one it is -follow the pipework behind the wooden panel

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Just the one for the underfloor.....you'll have to figure out which one it is -follow the pipework behind the wooden panel

Ok cheers buddy. Will do

Incidentally seems only one of them is Honeywell, the other one seems unbranded? Don't know if that makes a difference.
And having checked it's that unbranded one which goes to the underfloor

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Shouldn't make a difference....the important bit is the raised dimple- which means the head can be separated from the body....wiring is generic 👍👍

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
5 wires brown (live to motor), blue (neutral), green and yellow (earth), grey (permanent live), orange (switched live) 😉

·
You'll Never Walk Alone!
1,413 Posts
Give me a shout if u need anymore help 😉

·
Registered
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As I know you all care, you'll be pleased to hear that a new wireless receiver sorted the problem!
Not impressed that it's the second one I've had to replace in 2.5 years of owning the place, but at least it's sorted. You may all rest easy, big thanks to those who offered advice :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts