Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Talking to them right now about a Type RA Spec C. Cars are prepared by Prosport who have a very good reputation. They have been very helpful to date.

Asked on other forums about them no bad feedback recieved
may even part ex my VIII in with them.

Oh if you go over could you look at the Type RA in white and see what if its a peach, as Im down south cheers

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stormy

Which Spec C you talking about?

I was there last week - the new 2005 Spec C Type RA (£30k) wasn't there and still isn't there - it's getting SVA'd.

The 2002/3 blobeye (£20.5k) looks really nice. It has a very slight mark on the drivers door which could probably be sorted by Chipsaway/Dentmaster - I spoke to a guy at Prosport about that car and he reckons it's spot on. I was interested myself but was hoping it was the Ltd version - unfortunately it's not - no electric windows/mirrors, etc - but still very nice.

I didn't really look at the 2002 buheye (£16.5k) but externally looks very clean.

The only concern I have is that the car I'm looking at still has outstanding finance on HPI - I mentioned this to them and they say they are selling on behalf of customer and it will be cleared before a sale is made.

Ian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Cheers, thanks for your help. Looking at a 10k mile non blob eye i.e. STI 03 with Gold bbs alloys and low rear spoiler hes after 20.5k its on the web site.
Its just been through SVA and has no number plates.
they are after my Heavo eight.

A couple of places Ive been talking to sell cars on behalf of the owner do not let it worry you. I just get a bank loan to avoid
to problem to sell on cars rather than HP with dealer against the car.

Ian how much is the Import going for ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yep that sounds the one i went to see!!! But I'll leave it for you!!! As I said - only fault i could see was a mark on drivers door - looks a very distinctive car and if it comes with an endorsement from Prosport - should be good. I couldn't see the back of it though cos it was right up against the wall

They've got the white Evo 8 at £18995 - I think it may have been imported originally by Langtree. They also got a black - slightly older and at £19495 - apparently cost difference is cos black sells better - but I like white.

Ian

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
if it is the same one they have had the black evo for ages,i went to look at it about 2 months ago,was a bit shabby with a good few scratches.it was an 03 plate i think!.no worth the travel if its that one youre after.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sweets,

Thanx for that - It's the white one I'm going to look at. Only saw it in the showroom last week - taking it out tomorrow. It's got MLR stickers in the window - but haven't been able to track down previosu owner on here.

Ian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ian

Must admit I wanted a V limited but with Evo re sale as they are will have to go for the straight Spec C however will get remote locking fitted for approx £100.

Found a mint V ltd at Litchfield with Carbon, spoiler, APs, gauge pack, carbon lip spoiler, 18", PS 13, Milltec exhaust the lot. Has 35k motorway miles 23 k and sourced and maintained by Litchfield from New bit of movement on price and with 6k of extras very tempted.

Best of luck with the white Heavo Eight its looks great.

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
i personally wasnt that impressed with just sports.all seemed a bit shady to me and when i saw that they have connections with langtree in wigan i walked away.langtree are a shower of [email protected] believe me i know!!
if the vehicle still has finance outstanding i would leave well alone as they have a habit of forgetting to pay it off!! if you really want the car go for it but insist onseeing the settlement letter from the finance company first...

·
Registered
502 Posts
Good point on a finance letter sweets. Best of luck getting your 320. Try Mitsu Reading as well, Nigel Borshall is a good guy to deal with.

You could by my Evo instead :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Stormy - if I could sell my current car (Golf GT TDi - don;t ask!!!) privately I may have been interested in yours!

Sweets - It's odd with Langtree - some people think they're brilliant - some say what you've said. They're quite local to me. I had a test drive of an Impreza Spec C V Ltd there a while back. People seem amiable enough.

Ian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Ian

What did you think of the V Ltd apart from the fact it drives more like an Evo than a Subaru ?.

Golf GT TDI, where we will all end up so think of yourself as a pioneer.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was very impressed with the V Ltd. A few months before that I'd had a 2004 JDM STi - which, in a moment of stupidy I sold.

I was expecting the Spec C to be bone jarringly hard - but it wasn't - it was definitely firm - but not that much worse than my STi was. Of course it was on the RE070 tyres (the first thing I got rid of on th STi - I notice they're now standard on UK STi's). It was definitely noisier though - but not massively so. Steering was a lot sharper than the STi. All in all - a very nice car.

Ian

·
Registered
502 Posts
Cheers Ian for your feedback was thinking of the JDM but thought hey why not go the whole way. Your points on ride
very useful after reading back issues of Evo last night refering
to the Spec C ride quality, had me a little concerned.

Funny enough should echo your statement "which in a moment of stupidity I sold" much the same here sold my mint P1 to get the Evo, still no regrets have enjoyed the Evo VIII but have missed the P1 (and its running costs).

·
Registered
257 Posts
i personally wasnt that impressed with just sports.all seemed a bit shady to me and when i saw that they have connections with langtree in wigan i walked away.langtree are a shower of [email protected] believe me i know!!
Of course that is in fact just your opinion ! As I have dealt with Scott and Steve at Wickedkit (Langtree) for over 3 years now and have never had anything but the best attention from them. What have they done to get your back up?
dave :mad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts