Registered
832 Posts
Depends where you are in the country, and how large the areas/quantities are

In Surrey the minimum I have paid is;

£160/day bricklayer
£70/day labourer
£160/day carpenter
£270/day plasterer & labourer

Never had a roofer on daywork, they are not cheap. I would get one on a fixed price, as you can never see what is going on up there!

Paid £16-18/m2 for labour only blockwork

Block prices vary a lot, some are £9/m2 others are £18/m2. Speak to a merchant for supply price, likewise for roof tiles

Not sure about the roughcasting/pebbledash, although i have paid £28/m2 for external rendering

Hope this helps

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

In Surrey / London the minimum I have paid is;

£160/day bricklayer
£70/day labourer
£160/day carpenter

Never had a roofer on daywork, they are not cheap. I would get one on a fixed price, as you can never see what is going on up there!

Block prices vary a lot, some are £9/m2 others are £18/m2. Speak to a merchant for supply price, likewise for roof tiles

Not sure about the roughcasting/pebbledash, although i have paid £28/m2 for external rendering

Hope this helps
they sound about right but london rates add bout 20 2 25 more and us sparks local 240 up town 260

kev

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

In Surrey / London the minimum I have paid is;

£160/day bricklayer
£70/day labourer
£160/day carpenter

Hope this helps
they sound about right but london rates add bout 20 2 25 more and us sparks local 240 up town 260

kev

·
Registered
1,297 Posts

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
i'm a carpenter and there is no way i would work for £160, £200 is the minimum and i haven't had any problems getting that for quite a few years now. saying that i am a roofing carpenter and you would be supprised at the amount of carpenters who haven't got a clue when they are faced with a big cut and pitch traditional roof, that's probably why i earn a bit extra.

·
Registered
26 Posts
labour on blockwork is £10 m2 down my way, might be higher tho as im a mason and £130 a day is the goin rate down here

·
Banned
1,676 Posts
Im a roofing contractor and im £200(plus labours) a day to builders and in the private sector its £300 but then i do about twice as much work as most other roofers in a day!

·
Registered
8,873 Posts

In Surrey the minimum I have paid is;

£160/day bricklayer
£70/day labourer
£160/day carpenter
Thats quite a bit out, thats around the going rate for blokes on site ie large scale commercial sites in and around the M25 area working on Wimpey homes, barratts etc, as a painter myself doing private work I charge no less than £200 and thats reasonably cheap, all depends on what's involved etc.

I can earn 200-250 + on site, just depends if the works easy or a pain in the head and if i can be bothered to pull my finger out which doesn't happen that often as it's a kack job i do unfortunately.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
i'm a carpenter and there is no way i would work for £160, £200 is the minimum and i haven't had any problems getting that for quite a few years now. saying that i am a roofing carpenter and you would be supprised at the amount of carpenters who haven't got a clue when they are faced with a big cut and pitch traditional roof, that's probably why i earn a bit extra.
Ditto :smthumbup Im a time served carpenter/joiner and you would be suprised how many chippys can not cut and pitch a traditional roof .

Billy

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I don't blame you guys for charging a decent wedge but I can get decent brickies, chippies, plasterers and roofers for £100-140 per day, if you shop around and get people recommended there are good guys out there charging sensible amounts.

·
Registered
559 Posts
im a stonemason and if im cladding a house with trimmed grannite stone then its 50 quid a square metre, its about 40 quid with field stone.

I normally put about 5 metres in on a good day.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts