Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

when i brought my 6rs at the end of last year i noticed the paint was really dull and rough... so iv now decided to mop it with g3 tomoz! i took the spoiler off and did the boot with no isues but i plan to do the hole car so any advice welcome... :smthumbup

also after working away all week i came back to some little low life f***ing scum keying my passenger door. its only about 300mm long but right down to the metal! why f***ing bother. if someone has a problem come to me not my car! :wallbang:

Dave

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
im not really an experet on machine polishing, but did my car and was really impressed with the results, i used a deeper cut polish first, i think g10 is the deeper one, this just removes some of the scratches but not the one thats down to the metal obviously, then just use the g3 to get rid of the swirl marks and the few lighter imperfections, then just put a good layer or 2 of wax on and job will be a good un, when polishing just keep the polisher moving around to avoid the panel getting too hot and burning the paint, and stay away from the edges to avoid ripping the paint off, i kept the car wet while doin mine but some do it dry but think this is for the pro's lol, check detailing world.com loads on info on there to help you out

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
im not really an experet on machine polishing, but did my car and was really impressed with the results, i used a deeper cut polish first, i think g10 is the deeper one, this just removes some of the scratches but not the one thats down to the metal obviously, then just use the g3 to get rid of the swirl marks and the few lighter imperfections, then just put a good layer or 2 of wax on and job will be a good un, when polishing just keep the polisher moving around to avoid the panel getting too hot and burning the paint, and stay away from the edges to avoid ripping the paint off, i kept the car wet while doin mine but some do it dry but think this is for the pro's lol, check detailing world.com loads on info on there to help you out
cheers for that, might try and get some g10 to run over it first. i gess you just do the the hard bits by hand right?

·
Registered
4,502 Posts
yeah, just give them a good go by hand the bits you cant really get too, worth a look on detailing world just for a read up and some better tips,

·
MLR Oldie
14,969 Posts
I've never used G3 or G10 however on an Evo which have notoriously thin single stage paint (ie no clear coat) - start off with the least abrasive polish / compound as you don't want to go too hard and remove too much paint. If the less abrasive polish doesn't remove the marks that your needing removed THEN AND ONLY THEN step up to something stronger.

You'd be best to get over on detailing world and have a read there.

http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/

·
Registered
364 Posts
i know a very good man who will do it for you.He is not that far from you either he can mop and sort your scratch you wont even see it:smthumbup

cheers tiff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts