Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out my E6 needs new anti roll bar bushes at the 9000 mile service.

From memory people have recommended uprated ones but WHICH ?? and where from ??

They also told me that they are not covered under warranty.http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/sad1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > (wear and tear items)

Any suggestions, Cheers

Ian

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Use the ralliart bushings that can be supplyed from graham goode or the powerflex bushings from power engineering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peely,

They may be wear and tear type items but 9000 miles is not much for bushes, unless you have been rallying. Do you drive like a nutter http://www.ltregister.f9.co.uk/graphics/biggrin1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle > over rough roads or is this typical?

Personally unless I knew I had thrashed the nuts off it I would have something to say to Mitsi about the quality of the bushes.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian

How do you know they are shagged?

The front of my car has started 'clonking' under heavy cornering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after 9000 miles and 2 fairly hard track days I feel they must have been tested, especially when the Mitsi technician told me the original ones are crap and advised me to go for uprated ones.

Hunty, I first noticed it driving home from Oulton last week, when you run over bumps in the road you can hear a metallic sound coming from the front suspension, as though something was loose. Apparently the bushes are about £2.00 each, but about £80.00 to fit

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi,

I too have just had my anti roll bar bushes replaced. My E6 had done 17,000. I too had knocking noises coming from the front underneath. (and yes, not under warranty - wear and tear) Once replaced though the knocking noise was worse and after my Mitsubishi garage said they were too busy to look at it, they then said book it back in for further investigation, but it would still be safe to drive.

1 week later I was booked back in and then told that I needed track rod arms. I was also told that it would be extremely dangerous to drive in it's current state. New parts were ordered and fitted the next day.

The car is no so much more positve on steering.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Performance cars devour consumamble parts at a rate directly proportional to driving style , with Evo's this is FAST.

My 911 ate AR bushes as fast as I cud fit them , various quick(ish) Mercs I have had did also.

The forces involved when this type of car is pushed hard in corners are dramatic , the result is wear.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts