Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ALS on my road car EVO VI RS2 and there has not been any problem with the engine or blown exhaust manifolds.

It will not give you any more power(hp), but your respons will be totaly brutal.

Magnus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Magnus,

can you clear the air once and for all, lots of talking already on ALS but i still cannot get a clear picture of what ALS can do for the car, does it harm, cost of having ALS.

thank you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use GEMS computer as engine management, and in that computer system you can use(program) ALS if you want
(most engine management have ALS as an option)

To activate the ALS I have a switch. The engine management retards the ignition and the fuel burns in the exhaustmanifold and keeps the turbo spinning.

When you activate the ALS it sounds like if a Jet plane is warming up his engines, if you rev the engine with the clutch down it sound like someone is firing a gun.

The respons is totaly brutal (as I wrote before) when you gearshifts the turbo keeps spinning so you don´t get any lag.

I´m using the standard turbo, and there has not been any problem.

I have a exhaust temperature gauge, so I can check the temparature. When you are standing still with the ALS on, the temperature rises to 800 c, but as soon as you rev the engine the temperature reduces to 600 c.

Magnus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
who has programmed youre computer
and how is the car running idle without als on

how many bar turbo pressure do you run at

a de vries
evo 6 rs 2

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it's any help my RS450 has full (switchable) Anti-Lag (as installed by Ralliart during the RS450 conversion) and I can back up the comments above.
Throttle response is fantastic with it switched on.
At idle the engine is noticeably lumpier and the idle speed rises to around 1800rpm.
But then it's not for using for launching off the line, it makes 2nd-3rd-4th-5th gear sooo much quicker.
Makes a great noise too

You are all aware that ALS is illegal on the uk roads tho'

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A guy called Steve from GEMS has programmed it. I´m running on 1,5 bar of boost.
I have changed the rods for steel ones, and more. So I can run safely on 1,5 bar or more of boost.

But the original turbo(RS2 Titanium) feels like it can´t give me more power, although it´s been ported in the wastegate house, cut back impeller.

So I´m waiting for my new GT3040S HKS turbo and then I will have more use of my ALS, cause of more lag from that turbo.

RS450 owner! have you tested your car on 0-402 meters? And what boost are you running with standard fuel RON 97 octan?

Magnus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am also thinking of getting a bigger turbo, pistons, conrods and cams and of course ALS,

what do you recommend and do you know any price?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The steel conrods is made by Arrow, they were not cheap. I think I paid about 1350.

The piston is HKS, don´t remeber the price. Look at www.tdi-plc.com

Cams: don´t know the price or what kind.

The turbo is GT3040S complete with down pipe and a new exhaust manifold and racing wastegate, the cost around 3800 |PLS| Vat.

Gems computer around 1500 it works very well, maybe Motec is better but it´s not that cheap.

Magnus

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Magnus,
I haven't yet done a standing 1/4 mile as I'm still running the engine in, after which it must go back to Ralliart for a check-over.
When this is done they will turn the boost up to it's normal level for the RS450, I believe this is in the region of 1.9-2.0 bar.
At the moment the boost is at 1.7 bar.
This should be done next week and I'll post a set of stats as soon as I have them!

Cheers,

Alan

1 - 11 of 11 Posts