Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spoke to Ralliart Germany and asked whether they could change my fuel pump to get more fuelling and they said that there is another possibility to get enough fuelling, without changing the pump and it would cost 600 DM (200quid). What could this be?? I also enquired about their Motec M48 tuning and the whole thing mapped and all would cost 10500 DM (about 3400 quid). Who else thinks that it's a bit steep??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hi Michael

who did you talk to at Ralliart Germany? The price seems very steep although they know their business. Can't comment on the fueling issue though but try to call Mr. Hassend on 061 45 - 544 110. He's in charge of the sales departement.

Cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly the guy I talked to, do you know any other companies in Germany that Map Motecs?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Unfortunately I only know two more companies here in Switzerland which can successfully map a MOTEC.

If you're interested just let me know.

cheers

Mike

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The fuel pump speed on later model Evos is varied by modulating the supply voltage. Perhaps RalliArt is fiddling with this.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, I'm sure it's some playing with wires or tube diameters, just like you can get a little more boost for lots of money and then they replace the restrictor!
The fuel pump is probably sufficient for standard turbo fuel delivery, I cant imagine it being SO close to the limits.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically you just run a large wire over to the fuel pump and run the original wire through a relay to bring on the bring on the big wire. The original wire is too small and it drops the voltage so the fuel pump pumps less than it can.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts