Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got clutch out tonight and as expected its toasted no wonder it wouldnt disengage!... not done bad really as its done over 18months of road/track/sprint use with over 30k miles and well over 100 full bore launches :D

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
well done that man :smthumbup

got this clutch to go in brother in laws car when i finnish building his engine
rated at 410ft lbs and was toooooo cheap and delivered from states in 2 days lol

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well done that man :smthumbup

got this clutch to go in brother in laws car when i finnish building his engine
rated at 410ft lbs and was toooooo cheap and delivered from states in 2 days lol
What is it?... a Spec ?

Ian

·
Premium Member
8,486 Posts
You definately can't complain with the service that clutch has given you Ian !!

What make is that clutch, and I take it you're swapping like for like ??

Ken

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
also looks very strong
seen a few fail in my time but yours is worse by far lasted well thought
are you going for twin plate ???

·
Registered
4,469 Posts
maybe you'll put a proper clutch in now:D....................cant you fit a twin plate ian??

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
to be honest twin plate do fail too and you could buy 5 off these for price of one twin plate
18 months of full on driving is really good and being that ian does all his own work isnt that big a deal changing it
fair enough you can buy new plates for twin but what happens when the special flywheel is badly worn it become even costlier to sort :rotz:

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You definately can't complain with the service that clutch has given you Ian !!

What make is that clutch, and I take it you're swapping like for like ??

Ken
True Ken its done well :D....it was custom made for me by Jim Berry at Racelcutch in Australia, basically he takes a new oe clutch, re springs pressure plate to gve more clamp and the modifys drive plate to make ita paddle clutch with Carbotic pucks.....give silent running unlike most paddle clutches which make a hell of a racket on overrun due to uprated springs, also stock like driveabilty but good for around 500ftlbs :D....sent him pics waiting for the verdict as to what to do next.

Tempted by the Devo tuning/quartermaster twin plate, meant to be amazing but will be very harsh under normal use due to solid drive plates etc.

Cheers
Ian

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
maybe you'll put a proper clutch in now:D....................cant you fit a twin plate ian??
Cheek its done bloody well!! :)

Twin plate wise...i can....but not sure i can live with the harshness...need to deciede soon as sprints are a coming :D

Ian

·
Registered
4,469 Posts

Twin plate wise...i can....but not sure i can live with the harshness...need to deciede soon as sprints are a coming :D

Ian
arent the exeddy twin plates solid drive plates??...drove hippys mak with one of those fitted and it was superb, best performance clutch i've ever felt:coolsm:

·
Registered
4,657 Posts

Ian
the one that karlog has isnt that bad at all mate just make sure you dont use the ***** bolts they give you with it arp do them ;)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Hi sorry to gate crash thread.....

Clutch has gone in my car too and i really cant decide (dont have a clue :blush:) what to get...

Its a 6 with 8 engine, around 340bhp. Use it for quick driving, track days and some motorway miles.

I want a clutch that will last the longest for the £££ :naughty:

There just seems so much choice out there :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any help pleeeease....

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
arent the exeddy twin plates solid drive plates??...drove hippys mak with one of those fitted and it was superb, best performance clutch i've ever felt:coolsm:
you right there lee tis a beaut of a clutch thanks to neverneverman and mad mat i was anxious and i thought id made a big mistake going twin plate untill i drove it loads better than the standard mitsi :coolsm:

·
Registered
8,458 Posts
Hi sorry to gate crash thread.....

Clutch has gone in my car too and i really cant decide (dont have a clue :blush:) what to get...

Its a 6 with 8 engine, around 340bhp. Use it for quick driving, track days and some motorway miles.

I want a clutch that will last the longest for the £££ :naughty:

There just seems so much choice out there :confused: :confused: :confused:

Any help pleeeease....
exeddy twin plate bud :D

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
HKS Pro Twin plate mate, have it in my 6 and is really nice to drive.

Some paddels wouldn't have lastest that long i think with so much abuse, always good to do it in style though.

Mic

·
Registered
317 Posts
Sounds like twin plate it is then :naughty:

I noticed people saying about geting them from usa?? Were would you recomend?

·
Premium Member
16,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hope you get it sorted soon Ian........Donington on the 14th;) get moving:D
So do I :eek:...been onto Jim @ Raceclutch in Australia today, they are testing a new design this week sp will await results on that first before looking at other options. Its either another of the same with improved/stronger design, or a twin plate from the US, either Exedy or Devo tuning option.... more bloody money :(

Ian

1 - 20 of 24 Posts