Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 5th set of warped discs in 29,000 miles. This time, BTR recommended something new.

They've been using Brandl (I think that's it) discs on the rally cars. They're somehow connected with Brembo (arn't all barke mfgs?). These are cheaper than standard or even group n.

They're part drilled, and also part grooved. Look quite cool! And so far, no wobble. But only done 1,000 miles or so, and my wobble doesn't usually start till about 3,000.

They do squeal a bit though, only for a second, at very slow speed just before coming to a standstill.

Anyone else tried these discs? BTR said they'd only fitted them to one other road car so far, about 6 months ago, with no problems.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bugger!

2,000|PLS| miles. Still squeal like a piggy everytime I brake. And now wobbling like a jelly at any speed over 50mph.

Damn damn damn. New hubs? 2 piece disks? Give up and buy a Kia? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Kia!

A way of telling if your hubs are warped is to fit new discs and brake. If the pedal, at the beginning, feels whobbly, your hubs are to be resurfaced. Try the onces with the separate aluminium bowl (CTF).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts