Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed something in halfords today, the new HB054 batterys have 330A starting power but the version before has 380A starting power. Should i be looking at a higher rated battery than the HB054 (330A) for having the battery in the boot? reason i ask is the car is struggling to start with the battery in the boot, and im under the impression i need more Amps to get the power thru the extra cable length to the starter.
Am i right or should 330A be enough??

·
Registered
3,231 Posts
If you want to put a battery in the boot, I'd look for a larger capacity one than the stock item.
Something wth 500 to 600CCA would work nicely and wouldn't be too big.

I think I specced a 610CCA (63Ah) Bosch Silver battery from CostCo and it was still pretty small. The dimensions were

(LxWxH) 242 x 175 x 190.

You're kind of right with your rationale. The cable will be much longer than the stock set up so, resistance will be higher. The more current you can send down the cable, the easier the car will start.

Paul

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Paul, it seemed another tuner agreed with this also, my friend just had his batt put in the boot of his RX7 and its completely different to what i have, hes using his original 470A battery BUT the cable used is much denser stuff to the one I have, after a chat with said tuner, long story short, my cabling is not up to spec, so im gonna redo the wiring with the same stuff as the RX7 and see what this does.
Out of curio is there a higher CCA battery the same or similar size to the HB054 as my tray was designed for this battery only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts