Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was woken up by noises from the kitchen at 1.30 this morning. turned all the lights on and after about a minute of plucking up courage and picking up the nearest heavy thing to hand, i went downstairs. fortunately, there was no-one in the house, but all the beading had been cut off the kitchen window and they had scarpered just before taking the whole pane of glass out.

called police, took them 15 minutes to come!! reason being, they had been busy arresting 3 blokes in a vectra round the corner!! turns out they had been casing another property and a neighbour had clocked them, the make of car and the reg number!!! they are apparently now still in nick waiting to be questioned! :D

unfortunately, even though full set of tools was found in the vectra, all evidence to date is circumstancial. The scene of crime man spent a good while here today, couldn't get no prints. He has taken the beading from the window as it has screwdriver marks in it!! apparantley the end of every screwdriver is different - a bit like a bar code.

what it all boils down to is if they can match the mark in this bead to these guys screwdriver - if not, they will walk this evening! :mad:

crazy as there was no other cars around at that time, they were observed snooping around neighbouring houses and they had all the tools of the trade!

well, now i've had my windows stuck in so they can't be pulled out from the outside! (but the missus is hounding me to sell the evo :cry: - especially as we have an 18 mth old child)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thats the answer ive had 3 attempts at getting in my house i now have 7 ft fencing and im building a 4m x 8m garage to block off all rear access .thing is we the inocent suffer for SCUM

Lee

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I seriously would of phoned the police asap then would of waited for the scum to stick their little heads through the window before smacking them accross the head with my bat. :mad: Im sorry but **** the law when it comes to defending my family and house. :confused:

Time for a serious update in security methinks chaps.. ;)

As for the tooling marks, your scene of crime officier is right. The scrotes probably left would is called a static impression or a dynamic mark on the frame or beading of the window. They should of photgraphed/cast the window/frame + screwdriver tools then they will send it off to the lab if they consider it worthwhile. If all the class classifications match up, they will then compare both the screwdriver and material (ie..beading/window frame/photos/cast, on a comparison microscope and hopefully they will all match up and Mr burgular/s get 2 weeks community service :mad:

·
Registered
46,409 Posts
dazek said:
was woken up by noises from the kitchen at 1.30 this morning. turned all the lights on and after about a minute of plucking up courage and picking up the nearest heavy thing to hand, i went downstairs. fortunately, there was no-one in the house, but all the beading had been cut off the kitchen window and they had scarpered just before taking the whole pane of glass out.

called police, took them 15 minutes to come!! reason being, they had been busy arresting 3 blokes in a vectra round the corner!! turns out they had been casing another property and a neighbour had clocked them, the make of car and the reg number!!! they are apparently now still in nick waiting to be questioned! :D

unfortunately, even though full set of tools was found in the vectra, all evidence to date is circumstancial. The scene of crime man spent a good while here today, couldn't get no prints. He has taken the beading from the window as it has screwdriver marks in it!! apparantley the end of every screwdriver is different - a bit like a bar code.

what it all boils down to is if they can match the mark in this bead to these guys screwdriver - if not, they will walk this evening! :mad:

crazy as there was no other cars around at that time, they were observed snooping around neighbouring houses and they had all the tools of the trade!

well, now i've had my windows stuck in so they can't be pulled out from the outside! (but the missus is hounding me to sell the evo :cry: - especially as we have an 18 mth old child)
i hope to God they find something on those feckers

i used to park my car in my mates driveway not mines, mine was exposed

and also u can get a metal garage from argos for under 600 quid bud

u put it up yourself their big enuff for freelanders

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
not really got room for a garage unfortunately. the misses has cooled off about the car now!!!

scrappy - unfortunately we didnt have the phone upstairs and i was not sure at the time what was going on - am now keeping phone upstairs.

the SOC officer did pretty much as you said - he seemed quite thorough and was quite forthcoming with information - apparently were still holding guys yesterday afternoon waiting ti question them. have yet to hear anything today

i think its crazy really as my car is probably worth £7-8k - loads more cars worth more than that on my road! thats why i didnt get a more recent evo as i knew of several VII's and VIII's getting nicked :mad:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Scrappy said:
I seriously would of phoned the police asap then would of waited for the scum to stick their little heads through the window before smacking them accross the head with my bat. :mad: Im sorry but **** the law when it comes to defending my family and house. :confused
To right :eek: .I believe we should be more in line with south africa,america etc in regards to people coming on our property to steal.My mate shot a thief in kenya and nobody blinked an eyelid.Im no vigilante but i do love my family ......and my car :D .

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yeah in Russia that was a big fad in the early 90s. People bought themselves the foldup metal garages, and just set them up in the middle of public car parks to keep their cars and other stuff there.

No police presence and the general public didn't mind, so within a few years every single parking spot had been appropriated by someone who'd built a metal garage on.

I'd always wondered if you could buy those here!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thank god I live where I do, doubt I could cope with that!! My hubby is a sparky so we have security lights everywhere, a decent alarm system and a separate one for the garage! I hide my car keys in the most ridiculous places that most of the time I can't even find them! (spare keys at someone elses house too!!), one of our neighbours is a car nut, another is an MSP and the other is the church!! Come and park your car at my hoose!! ;) :D

Good luck with getting these twits sorted!! :(

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Julz said:
Thank god I live where I do, doubt I could cope with that!! My hubby is a sparky so we have security lights everywhere, a decent alarm system and a separate one for the garage! I hide my car keys in the most ridiculous places that most of the time I can't even find them! (spare keys at someone elses house too!!), one of our neighbours is a car nut, another is an MSP and the other is the church!! Come and park your car at my hoose!! ;) :D

Good luck with getting these twits sorted!! :(
what - are there no theives in disneyland!!!!

not sure about hiding keys - especially with a young child in the house - not after some of the stories i've heard! i'd rather let them take my car than let them bash me about the head or stab me or whatever!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Thieving Scum

Dazek,

Glad to hear you and your family are ok, this really worries me that the theiving feckers will stop at nothing to get there hands on these cars.

I also have a ADT linked alarm, which arms the garage, a big bloody English Bull Terrier etc, etc .........................................

BUT like you say if they want the car they will do pretty much anything. Am I right in saying there seems to be a definate purge for EVO thefts in the East Midlands, or am I getting paranoid !!

·
Registered
151 Posts
This is a massive problem and I am a very paranoid Evo owner. So mumch so that I think the car is going to have to go. Don't want to sell it as I love it, but this and other things are taking over.
Nearly had mine stolen twice and this leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
pvm - to stop windows being removed from outside (or least make it very difficult) the guy basically replaced the inner "gasket" with a double sticky sided gasket all the way round - this makes it very difficult to prise out from the outside. On the outside he applied silicone underneath the beading, making it very hard to get the beading off in the first place. On more modern windows the beading is on the inside making it impossible to take windows off from the outside.

I was shocked at how quickly this guy could take the glas out of my windows - maybe less than 30 seconds - the guys trying to rob me were amateurs - they were at for over a minute trying to get the beading off and caused a fair bit of damage!!!

cheers #96 - don't know about east midlands but Birmingham is fairly bad - have had two attempts on my car plus a golf nicked off the drive in the last year!! heard of several evo's nicked in bham on this forum

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
MY area

My area was known for car thefts - but since i got the garage built it was so much easier.

What you wont stop though is the determined and normally violent thief.

Jjust get used to watching if you are being followed and aviod parking on street when leaving overnight. Just simple things to stop the amatuer thief thats all...also in summer when its hot and your sunbathing out back watch those open windows and key positions in your house. You'd be suprised how many opportunist thiefs walk around just waiting for an open window...

·
Registered
77 Posts
I seriously would of phoned the police asap then would of waited for the scum to stick their little heads through the window before smacking them accross the head with my bat. Im sorry but **** the law when it comes to defending my family and house.

I hear ya :mad:

·
Registered
33 Posts
i work around the country and the hardest thing is to find a motel or guest house with safe parking and i would pop down the local sports shop and look in to takin up baseball myself

1 - 18 of 18 Posts