Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a conversation with a guy called Mike Beagrie (a Director at Toad) last week. He apologised etc. but basically said that Toad were not going to do anything about my costs.

He said that Toad had stopped supplying the company that fitted my alarm just before mine was fitted (well they would have, wouldn't they?).

He then told me that the company were now trading under a different name. He gave me their address and their phone and fax numbers and said that now I had the information that I could do something about it. He also told me that it was in Toad's interest to stop this company fitting their alarms (well he knew who they were, what's stopping them???), it just seemed that he would prefer me to do the dirty work on Toad's behalf.

I took minutes of the conversation and they are available at http://scooby.stevegoode.co.uk

I asked Mike Beagrie to review the minutes, as well as the website (because he said that some of the information was defamatory) and I would review the changes he required. I asked him to get back to me by close of business on Monday. Guess what!! Not a word.

I have now contacted Watchdog and What Car to see if one of them would like the full story and to provide help.

I know that some of you thought that you might have influence with the above groups. If you have, shoot me an email. I would like to speed up this process if I can.

A big thank you to all who have signed the support book and don't stop encouraging others to sign. Feel free to put my story in any user groups you belong to.

Cheers

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Good luck and I hope you get it sorted.
Have you still got the car or have you scrapped it?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have rebuilt the car and as of today (tada!!) it is back on the road.

It has been a difficult task but not as costly as it might have been. All said and done I have spent just short of £3000. However, I still have to have a new alarm fitted. (scary.......!)

Cheers

Steve

Back on the road again!!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad things are looking up, £3k though, ouch!

Hopefully your story will prevent many from buying Toad products, I have already put one person off getting a Toad for his motor.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fireman Sam,

You should also send a letter to some of the car modifying mags like max power and revs etc. telling of your experience and Toad's complete lack of interest in helping sort the problem out. Hopefully they would print it.
Toad must get loads of business from the readers of these mags.
Also, have you spoken to a soliciter at all?
Toad must shoulder some of the responsibility if the fitter was claiming to be Toad approved, whether or not they had stopped supplying him.

The fact that a director of the company, rather than just some poor PR employee, is trying to squirm out of helping out just makes the company look even more unattractive to me.

good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts