Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of my favourite evo driving moments is, when i`m in the mood, to charge upto and onto the motorway like a loon. This starts at the roundabout before the slip road. If there`s not much traffic around you can approach this roundabout at some ridiculous speed [ actually undertaking some vehicle`s ] where you can feel the fantastic grip and chassis control that the Evo has, then, begin to make your charge down the sliproad onto the motorway. As your going through the gears the speedo is violently being forced around it`s arc and starts to show some licence losing figures, but, at this point the horns have grown and it`s to late to think about things like that. You`re probably doing around 100 mph now and if you get you`re timi9ng just right , you can go from the first lane to the third in the blink of an eye. By now the speedo is showing 135 mph and the people that you`ve just passed are driving along with their mouths round the clutch pedal and dribbling in disbeleif. I just wish i could watch this event unfolding for myself as an onlooker. I don`t condone this sort of driving, but, just now and again when the red mist shows, just GO FOR IT. Just fantastic. All this in a standard TME HEE HEE HEE.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I must agree that is also my favourite moment,my unfavourite moment is when some religeous ,do gooder decides he is going to enforce the speed limit and on seeing you coming deliberately moves over to block you.He is normally driving an old Rover 214,is in his sixties and it always happens on a weekend.He forces you to undertake him he then swerves towards you giving you the finger,you then get in front of him and brake test him,he loses control swerves across the three lanes causes a massive accident which involves 30 vehicles ,he dies goes to heaven is told to wait at the gates,gives them attitude and is returned to earth as a maggot,inside a half eaten pork pie,left in the boot of a old Rover 214 traveling along the M25,an Evo 6 traveling at 135mph with the driver in the middle of an orgasm drives straight into the back of the Rover which pulls out to block him,maggot dies .The driver of the Rover dies goes to heaven is kept waiting at the gates and......................................

God I love Evos :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
simakinen: is that not the way it always is? :) i have permanent horns ;)

wazuptommi: loved your story mate, i never could guess where it was going next :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i see this as a challenge !
slip road speeds are one of my hobbys,
i once joined the m69 leicester to coventry at over 100,and never went below 100 until the coventry exit(on a bike)
so ,no cheating,post your fastest entry speed ,before you cross the line(i.e. sliproad ends)
top speeder wins a prize
lowest post gets to spend a day with evoboy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd say 100mph for joining a Mway is quite slow :) Although its great to rbe up and running a lot lot faster than the Mway people before you even got on eth Mway..... I'm not that big on it as a moment.

One of my favourites is when you're midway round say a 90 deg. right-hander and its bumpy, rain soaked and lots of puddles. You reach the apex and although you reckon the nose will run wide you dump the throttle and the car just powers out totally neutral and as you hit the straight your reachin for 4th gear with the blow off valve victoriouslly whooshing to let everyoine know that teh EVO is king, its got you round the bend in effortless style and its ready for some more.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm with Jackal, get on some roundabouts in the rain and then you will know what fun is :D (my low tread tyres on the back help a lot ;)).

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hehe - I've noticed I do laps around my favourite roundabouts since I've had the Evo.
Another roundabout related Evo moment is when you deliberatly lift off half way round just to show off the AYC :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts