Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the pleasure of calling RC Developments for the first time today, to order some parts for my car (Jenny is lovely isn't she?!?)

What was meant to be a 5 minute call turned into a 3 hour chat about EVOs and various parts!

Seems RC is run by a bunch of EVO nuts, just like me. I may not agree with a few of their tuning ideas, like the Apexi SAFC kit, but understand their approach and that they are achieving results cost effectively. Alot of the stuff they do, like the Cusco stuff is spot on.

Would I have used them ever? I can't speak about their actual tuning - though second hand reports say that Clive is very good. Probably not, but only because they are in Warrington which is miles away and an orrible journey from Reading! I am lazy like that :)

Interesting to hear their viewpoint on the Oulton Park affair. We are going to hookup and compare/contrast cars at Cadwell, including swapping rides! They also invited me along to Oulton, and to show me the quickest way round their home circuit - which was nice of them.

Clive is a dabhand at Cadwell, and it is my first time there so I fully expect to be one of the slowest people there and certainly slower than Clive! For those people looking for a showdown , there won't be one - just EVO owners having a larf. If the weather holds, and the car don't break, then I hope to quicken as the day progresses - but having never seen the place, I have no idea. All I know is that it is driveable in sections - so if you **** up one corner, you don't pay the price for 2/3rds of the circuit - not look Oulton or Donington.

Just hope my car is finished in time :( Taking too long to get some of the latest parts...

In traditional tuner style, Jenny did manage to relieve me of a reasonable amount of money for 4 cusco items - and leave me with a very large temptation to spend some more. Just when I thought there was nothing more I could buy, she opens up the Cusco catalogue....

Jenny, you are a very naughty lady! :D

Blade, just alittle bit poorer again :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Only joking!

Bought a cusco 3 point front strut brace, cusco 2 point rear strut brace, cusco 3 point link to make the rear brace 3 point, and the rear boot brace (goes right at the back of the car).

Means Ryan can finally have my ralliart 2 point stuff :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went over to R.C. about a month ago now to pick up a second hand HKS RSK, that i had bought off a customer of theirs who had his car in for more upgrades.

Got to say they are the most pleasant set of guys i have ever met, even though i was`nt actually buying from themselves they were full of advice( esp. reguarding my on going warranty claim with Mitsubishi ), and very friendly also.

Very pleased to see that i was`nt treated like just another customer with cash in his pocket, like you get at some other places.

Defently will be returning once i get some cash together!

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ive had the Apexi fitted by them and even though I didnt buy it off them they were fabulous. Jenny even picked me up form the local cinema!!!!. Just wish I had more money to spend with them.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i had an e-mail back from Jenny at 1.54 yesterday morning with info i requested about an induction kit and ancillery equipment...2am in the morning?! thats dedication..;)..
i've also spoken to Max at RC....check out his evo on the web site....great beast....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They are even happy to deal with lesser mortals like me ;)

Hopefully Max and Clive are to be instrumental in taking my motor to 340bhp with around 320lb torque....which is nice for a P1 and will be an improvement of 40bhp and 40lb over existing :D:D:D So hopefully I may have a chance of keeping up with you guy's on the straights then ;)

I tried to get myself onto your Cadwell day but was/must've been too late with my entry....shame coz I'm sure it would've been a brill day for us all :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Mellow

Thats a shame , would have been nice to see you at Cadwell as your P1 looked good going around Donny last week :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
blade - I`ll be there :) , need to blag a ride in your beast to see what all the fuss is about :D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hey Dave, cheers....though not as good as your beastie eh ;) ....so far to date you're the only EVO I've had to move over for....it was fun watching you going sideways at circa 120mph |PLS| round the twisties :D .....I need more power.....I need more power.. ;)

I'll probably come up anyway to watch you guy's and have a chat :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dave - just remember it is my first time at Cadwell - and it will be the first time after the GEMS, new fuel tank, injectors, fuel rail, fuel piping, intercooler, oil cooler etc. have been fitted. Bound to hit problems.

FIngers crossed that the car will be finished! :(

Doesn't sound like I am in your leage, driving wise :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Blade

Your car sounds like its coming along great , what do you think since the Gems been done ?

Look forward to seeing you at Cadwell , are you staying at the Haywain Thursday night ?

Don`t worry about all this talk ! lots of it is firmley tongue in cheek stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dave - Gems delayed!

Had trouble with parts. ATL forgot to send the fuel gauge and filter - then sent it to me instead of the garage :(

Damn

Gems was tomorrow, delayed to 18th now - hence I am missing Brands....

fingers crossed.... hoping the car will be TOTALLY FINISHED after that!

Fine tuning maybe...
Appreciate you may be able to show me a fing or two at Cadwell!

Happy 2 be overtaken :D

1 - 20 of 23 Posts