Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

if this is the correct map for my turbo compressor (evo 7, so it is TD05 16G 9.8T) I THINK. i am reaching 19psi by around 3200rpm does that mean that i am in the surge line area? shall i cool the response down a little bit?
but hold on a second the evo7 has got a smaller exhaust housing in comparison to the 6 for the sole purpose to make the turbo spool up quicker.! now that is confusing. i am obvioulsy assuming that i have got 60% efficiency which should be achievable with the water spray and the slighly bigger intercooler the 7 has?

now my head hurts :confused:

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sam,

The lines on the map are there for a diferent model of car (Mitsubishi Stealth 3000GT) at the different rpms and boost pressures and not for an Evo 7.
You would need to calculate your own lines out and then put them onto the map of the turbo to see if you were surging or not.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
andy,

how the fff do you know that???? I was gonna ask where the engine rpm lines came from as there didn't seem to be any explanation.

Of course if these are for a 3000cc car rather than 2000cc then the lines will all move to the right unless boost or Vol eff is much higher on the 2000cc.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oli,
It's because the map is from the site that I posted the link to yesterday so I know what was on there ;)

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
right what is the difference between the big and the small 16g?

where is the map for the big G ( sounds rather corny i would say :D )
and BTW i only checked them today http://www.lancerregister.com/graphics/tongue1.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| absmiddle >

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sam,
The 16g6 has a bigger compressor housing and I've got the map for it but am having trouble uploading stuff at the moment.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you email it to me? i got one form light speed but i would like to see if yours is the same one? i can upload it for you if you want.

sam

1 - 10 of 10 Posts