Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im considering swapping my Evo for a VX220 Turbo, Ive had my Evo for 10 months and often get itchy feet after owning a car for this amount of time.

However, as much I love the Evo it costs too much to run, when I bought it I thought Id be doing 6K miles a year, but it's actually looking more like 12K. I want something with similar pace (to my standard FQ300), larger service intervals (preferably 10k instead of 4.5K), fairly new (ideally 5 years old or less) and reliable.

I can pick up a 2004 VX220 turbo for around £20K (my budget) and this meets a lot of the above requirements. Something inside is telling me that this might be a horrible, horrible mistake so I was hoping for you guys to give me a sanity check on this!!!!!

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the part of the problem, the Evo is TOO practical!!! I don't need anything that practical and feel like I shouldn't have a 4 door saloon!!

Was also looking at an RX7 F3DS (2000 W reg) - meant to be quick and they look great, I think.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
I understand the itchy feet syndrome, i get it too.

The VX 220 turbo is a great car, miles better than the Lotus, like has been said, if you can live with the VX, get it, or wait for the VXR ?

U will miss the Evo, i do already, but life goes on ;)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
essexboy said:
Has anyone driven a VX turbo? Just read a review that said it was a bit gutless above 90mph???
Yup, sure have, tested one in Tony Le Voi, i was impressed, but im 6ft 3 and found it a little tight inside tbh. Gutless above 90, not really, book a test drive and see what u think ;)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
A friend has just picked up a second hand one replacing his Tuscan S, he isnt disappointed!

For a small premium you can up the power nice and safely too (map and breathing).

Ive not had a go against it yet but he says its held its own against any Evo so far!

·
Registered
217 Posts
graet car, was considering getting one right up until I tried to get out of the car with the roof on. got stuck for 20mins trying to get out :eek:

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
gprim said:
graet car, was considering getting one right up until I tried to get out of the car with the roof on. got stuck for 20mins trying to get out :eek:
A mate offered me the chance to run his exige at santa pod..... IF I could get in it! :rofl:

Needless to say I havent had a go yet.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts
essexboy said:
Im considering swapping my Evo for a VX220 Turbo,
I had a look at a couple of those when I was selling my Evo.

It drove very well and was great fun. I would have had one but for 2 reasons:

- I've got a bad back and struggled to get in/out
- I needed a car with a little bit of space / practicality

Apart from that they are great cars, wait for the VXR if you can :cool:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts