Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Proud Dad & Evo Mad
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hya there.

What sort of power would i be looking at with the following mods?

E5 GSR:
Blueflame 3" Full system [inc elbow(if they resend me a 3 inch not 2.5)]
JMF/RossSport Exhaust Manifold
Standard Turbo
HKS Mushroom FIlter.
Walbro 255 Hardwired
Standard Internals.

Im looking at bigger injectors, what size would i need? I was thinking the bigger the better with a good map?

Kelford 272's should also be in the pipeline...

Id need a boost controller too? Which one to go for?

I'm wanting the 'magic' 400/400, so am i on the right step? And will the standard turbo reach that?

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Hya there.

What sort of power would i be looking at with the following mods?

E5 GSR:
Blueflame 3" Full system [inc elbow(if they resend me a 3 inch not 2.5)]
JMF/RossSport Exhaust Manifold
Standard Turbo
HKS Mushroom FIlter.
Walbro 255 Hardwired
Standard Internals.

Im looking at bigger injectors, what size would i need? I was thinking the bigger the better with a good map?

Kelford 272's should also be in the pipeline...

Id need a boost controller too? Which one to go for?

I'm wanting the 'magic' 400/400, so am i on the right step? And will the standard turbo reach that?
For your goals I would spec as below:

Good exhaust system (downpipe back)
hardwired welbro
evo ix turbo
gsc 1 camshafts
apexi air filter
boost controller (ebc or mbc)

Kind regards,
GUM

·
Registered
12,391 Posts

·
Proud Dad & Evo Mad
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well atleast i know im getting there.. haha

I wanting as near as possible with the standard turbo, so maybe 370? As i will upgrade to possibly a tt s205 in the future.

Ive got most of what i need then, just some good cams, boost controller and a good map.

Im going round europe in June, so want it as reliable as possible :)

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
Well atleast i know im getting there.. haha

I wanting as near as possible with the standard turbo, so maybe 370? As i will upgrade to possibly a tt s205 in the future.

Ive got most of what i need then, just some good cams, boost controller and a good map.

Im going round europe in June, so want it as reliable as possible :)
kelfords are overkill for the turbo and 370 is a realistic target mate:smthumbup

·
Proud Dad & Evo Mad
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What size injectors would be needed? Also thinking into the future here... As ive noticed theres not much price difference between 750 and 1000

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Stock 560 cc will be fine for stock turbo.

It all gets much more expensive if you want more than the stock turbo can provide.
- injectors
- turbo
- forged pistons
- forged rods

·
Proud Dad & Evo Mad
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Like i say, i will be going further in the future, probably to an s205 or fp red, with possibly a stroker kit.

Just want to get the bits in place then just have the lump of the turbo to pay for...

Just thinking that maybe the standard injectors wud be restricting the flow? I dont want to push 370 if its going to put too much strain on anything, i want it reliable...would rather have 600hp components putting out 400 than 400 components putting out 400...

·
Premium Member
12,346 Posts
As mentioned just use a fuel pressure regulator with stock 560cc injectors... once you buy a turbo then get bigger injectors. Its just overkill to do it before hand.

Regards,
GUM

P.S do a similar spec to what i mentioned and you will have a fun euro trip;) i would personally do rod bolts, head bolts, new headgasket and belts if not done already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts