Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an annoying issue with my Evo6. Basically it only really manifests itself when I have the head lights on.

What happens is the electrics of the car blink for a split second as I get to 10mph. It only happens when I come to a complete standstill and the pull away in 1st. As I reach 10mph on the speedo the electrics blink. It happens whether in gear or not and having watched headlights on the road its a split second blip in the lights. It always happens at 10mph.

I am baffled by this one as I have checked all the earth points (which are fine) the car has a newish battery and all contacts are good. Any ideas guys? Could it be the alternator? or a switch of some type that is enabled when the car gets to 10mph from a standing start? I certainly don't notice it during the day with normal operation of fans,stereo etc. but to be fair its only the fact that I can see the blip in the HUD illumination when its dark which alerts me to it happening.

All thought most welcome

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I haven't tried it downhill to be honest. I can say though that if I use the the throttle to pull away and then take it out of gear and coast is still does it. I have found though that if I continue to roll in traffic and drop to say 5mph and then pull away it doesn't do it. The blink in the electrics only happens when I have come to a complete standstill and the pull away and once I hit 10mph it blinks.

Very strange indeed......it almost appears that something is switching in at that speed or something?

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
blip

try with a/c off i found a slight kick as fan comes on and off for air con,there is an earthing upgrade pack available somewhere,jap electrics of this era not very refined!

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try it with the fans switched off - but I am not convinced mate.

Thanks for the advice - an upgraded earth kit might be worth a go I suppose.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts