Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been reading the brake threads and realise that set ups like the AP's are brilliant .

I 'd like to know where I can buy a 4 pot brake kit for the front of my E4.
I dont want to change my wheels as I like the standard ones and are in great condition.AP's requitre 17" wheels for its set up .
The Brembo's from an E5/6 also require bigger wheels as well

What options do I have ?

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
Have you tried any decent pads ?..... ive been using carbotechs ( see thread E1-4 brake pads) and now feel no real need to change standard calipers on my E2 which has same front calipers as yours. PM me if you want more details on the pads :)

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
My freind has just had a brake upgrade on his 4 , NR Autosport supplied and fitted a new set of disc's (all round) , std plain ones .
DS2500 pads all round , and after bing out in in they work very very well .

A good solid pedal feel , and no fade !

Worth considering as an option :D

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ian.

I ran with mintex pads on my last E4 which were pretty good .although mintex aren't ever mentioned these days.

Tom.

I may have to look at groved discs when mine need replacing along with braided hoses.

Although I'd like a new set of wheels . With tyres your looking at about a £1000 before buying a brake upgrade [ap/stoptech etc]

I 'd like 4 pot calipers rather than 2 pot for a bit more stopping power .

·
Registered
280 Posts
Shorty[paul s] said:
I may have to look at groved discs when mine need replacing along with braided hoses.
Braided hoses will improve your pedal feel and is worth doing, I personally wouldn't go for grooved discs. Grooved discs only stop the pads from glazing over. Its the pads that will make the biggest difference, most cheap pads cause too much heat build up and knacker the discs, then people think the discs are at fault.

I would have thought your gonna struggle to find a 4 pot caliper that'll fit behind the OE wheels, why not find a 2nd hand set of Evo 5 wheels?

Just my thoughts anyway! :)

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
If you drive it hard on the road and on track then i cant recommend the Carbotech XP8 pads enough, let me know if you fancy a set ? only got fronts for the E4 at the minute but they will make a big big big difference on there own... and if you like them we can source the rears to match up and complete the set.

Cheers
Ian

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers Ian ;)

Did find a site selling brembo brake kit for E4s at £1800 from Japan.
At this cost i'd change the wheels and get a second hand brembo E6 kit.

·
Premium Member
16,922 Posts
No Probs :)

Cheapest option for 4 pots is 2nd hand E6 brembos with new discs and pads, but as you say you will also need a set of E6 wheels or similar to clear them if you are suing stock wheel at the mo.. which is doesnt half up the costs....are you just running stock E4 wheels ?

I should also be able to source the Carbotech pads at a good price for the Brembos soon :)

Cheers
Ian

1 - 8 of 8 Posts