Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Had a great day two days back, got a nice deal trading in my V1 on a low mile TME. :D Took the old car to work and spent a couple of hours cleaning her up for the day of the deal(Friday), looked so good I decided to go for a wee run, BIG MISTAKE. A nice old lady (Mary as I now know) over shot traffic lights in front of me so I stopped well back to let her reverse off the pedestrian crossing, which she did. I could see she was still in reverse and was thinking about stepping out to remind her, but I figured the 20 odd feet still between us would be enough space to realise she was going the wrong way. Oh how wrong I was, the lights changed and back she came, I think I screamed like a girl but it didn't help. :blush: The 20 odd feet of gap just gave her and her automatic ****in' Corsa a chance to build up an amazing speed. Her car mounted mine like a randy young bullock practising on his mates! :eek: The bonnet's buckled, the intercooler and all around was all pushed back and even the frame was knocked back.
I'm still gonna get the TME but it's gonna cost more now, hopefully compo for the whiplash'll help there. She has admitted liability as have her insurers, couldn't really argue as we were surrounded by witnesses. My like for like is a MG ZR(thanks Elephant :moon: - be gettin rid o them next renewal). So I'm still looking forward to the new motor and will never, ever stop at traffic lights again! :crackup:
Edited to add pictures.

·
Registered
224 Posts
It always scares me when I think of something like this happening to me. I genuinely fear I wont be able to control my temper and will end up in a WHOLE lot of trouble over my actions. If someone is going to hit me I pray it will be an old person and preferable female cos if I get out to see my car in that state and am then comfronted by a [email protected] in a baseball cap driving a corsa who has had it stuck up my exhaust pipe for the last 5 miles showing off to his m8s I will not be able to hold it together.

Anyone know if your insurance is still valid if you lay on the other party?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Am really gutted for you mate. Last time I saw the a similar situation was through my job (emergency service not old bill!) when an old lady on a chain ferry reversed off through the barrier into about fifty feet of water with tragic consequences. Elderly / older drivers seem to favour autos surely they could speed / rev limit them in reverse. Not often you need to go backwards at speed.

Hope you get sorted and best of luck with new car.

Paxo

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
footsie said:
:rolleyes: Oh! so sorry.you taking it like a gentleman.I would of srangled her :mad: But you got to admit!.looking at pics.was Funny! :crackup: Honest i would go mad if anyone did that to my baby. :mad:
Aint laughin yet but should manage a smile when the compo comes through for the sore neck an nightmares!! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
moses said:
im gutted for u bud, woman shouldnt be allowed to drive only vicky butler something something 5th gear girl she can drive
Wi any luck she'll lose her license before she hurts herself or some one else. She said at the scene, 'All my accidents have been in reverse' :goingmad: Unbe****inlevable!!
If you're in Glasgow an a wee white Corsa/woman is near you be afraid!
Agree about Vicky.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts