Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP!!! - New to this EVO site and ownership but want to run antilag on my EVO 6 - can anyone give advice B4 spending money

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
best guy to speak mate is blade i think he got it done, check his profile or leave a thread for the attention of blade (tony) thats his name

good luck

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dont think you can get it with the ECU. I have it with a Motec M48. Works nice but need to be careful for two reasons: Turbo will get over heated if you run with ALS too long, and the power brakes wont work as long as ALS is on unless you install a vacum pump and a seperate tank for the power brakes (with vacume)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
blade is not running antilag for the reasons mentioned above by roy boy. he does have gems though which can allow for antilag if you want to.

what do you want it for? it is pretty useless really. couple of turns and you end up with no brakes! a vaccum pump is the way forward but you need a find on that fit.

royboy are you using a vaccum bump? which one did you use.

sam

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How can you set it up correctely without a vacume pump? I mean the brakes are having the power from the vacume in the inlet manifold (when you lift of from the accelerator) hence, ALS|EQU|Positive pressure all the time in the inlet manifold|EQU| no power assisted brakes. Or?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Roy,
The brakes use the vacuum in the inlet manifold after the throttle. TRUE
Therefore if you don't jack open the throttle to provide the air for the ALS (like you do in most aftermarket ALS systems) then you don't need to lose the vacuum assistance for the brakes.

The Evo 6 secondary air system provides a route for air to be put into the exhaust manifold (and having been on the trip around the Ralliart WRC factory I can say that they use this route on the WRC cars). This means that you don't need to hold the throttle open therefore if you use this route instead you can still get a vacuum in the inlet manifold when you close the throttle but you will have positive turbo pressure between the turbo and the throttle butterfly. As a result you will still have the vacuum assistance on your brakes but you will still get the advantage of the anti lag.

Andy

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very interesting andy
i know that even rally cars use a pump ( or the one that i know off , it was an evo4). a friend of mine has got als on his 6 but it is set up same as roy's car i pressume and it was not very useful.

have you got any pics of how it was set up?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Andy,
True, it works as you mentioned, and we have tried it before. the only problem is that the pressure that you can get (ALS boost) is low, max 0,9 bar. I want the ALS to hold about 1.5 bar boost, and for that reason, the secondary is not enough.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have ALS fitted to my EVO VI. Not for any particular reason but just because it came with the GEMS.

The car now looks awesome when coming down in the gears with the exhaust spitting BIG flames, sometimes lighting up the whole road. The car also ticks over and sounds like a TVR with the ALS on.

The only thing to remember is wait until the car has reached a good operating temperature before switching it on. I only have it switched on for a maximum of 20 seconds just enough time for the car I was racing to see and few flames and hear a few bangs.

I have not noticed any major difference in the braking performance but will test it tomorrow.

Skeletor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Roy,
Did you drill out the nozzles from the secondary air system to the exhaust manifold. The existing nozzles are very small and won't pass much air but if you make them larger then you should see more air and therefore allow the ALS to develop more boost.

Andy

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.