Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

i joined the forum bout a year ago when i was considering buying an evo. But due to money i had to give up get myself w run around to do me for now.

I've just started working off shore so the desire and ability to buy a decent motor is back!!! but im lost at what evo to go for. Got around 20k to spend (been saving) lol

any advise welcome

cheers

J

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
You've pretty much got the pick of the second hand range with 20K with the exception of the IX and the VIII MR FQ400. Really depends what you want to do once you buy it ie are you going to buy the car and keep it as it is (nice idea but i don't know anyone who has done this) or are you wanting to go down the modification stage, in that case you'd be best to leave yourself some cash aside to play with.

Take a look in the cars for sale section on here and you'll get a good idea what you'll get for your money, it's also one of the better places to shop for Evo's as there's a fair chance they've been well cared for, and if there's any known scrappers they'll soon get pointed out.

Cheers, Tim.

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers tim,

thats pretty much the reson i joined the forum cos no doubt someone will know the history of a car if i buy it from here.

think id probably do some tasteful mods to it, not spend big big bucks on it............................ yet :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
I'm in the same boat mate, joined the forum and got a great car from it, already has quite a lot of mods done (AVCR, remap, new exhaust system, suspension, wheels and much more) so thought that'll do me nicely. I'm buying a few bits and bobs but really it's only aesthetics that i'm changing at the minute, it's my first performance car and is running nearly 400bhp so i've no need to think about tuning the engine or anything like that yet - my last car was a 130bhp diesel :crackup:

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol, when i first joined an evo was what i wanted, but wi the travelling i was gona be doin with racing a thought i buy somit new then i have a safety net (warrenty) if somit goes wrong. so my dad and me went halfers on a 182 since he had left his job.

but i still want an evo!!!! lol

·
Registered
10,906 Posts
You're unlikely to get any agreement on here about which is the 'best' Evo to go for as everyone usually thinks their generation of Evo is the best.

My advice would be to get an VIII MR 320 (or 340 if you're desperate for a leather interior). Can be modded very easily to 400bhp if that's what floats your boat and is a more forgiving ride than earlier models.

How many minutes before someone else posts saying 'buy a mint TME and spend the change on mods' :D

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol probably not long. in preference i want somit wi as little done as poss so i can do my own things. if that makes sense, so its not as if im driving someone elses car. :D

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Buy a mint TME and spend the change on mods...

·
Registered
6,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ttok the words out my mouth!! lol

insurance will be my next problem :cry:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts