Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fellow owners

I've read previous posts and would appreciate an insight with you now all having had time based ownership experience

Does your cars still stall - even after the warranty fix?

Does anyone have any problems experienced in practice that may back up RC Developments claim?

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well well, I am the first to respond :D

Right then, I have had the fix done, and considering the car stalled EVERY TIME that I pulled onto my drive, It is 110% better.

The car has stalled twice since the warranty work, but to be honest It was almost certainly my driving :rolleyes:

Anyway, the car is getting better and better. I have now done approx 1800 miles, and it is starting to feel like it is loosening up a bit.

I have run a de-cat (fitted by dealer on day one :D ) and an HKS filter, and have not experienced any problems such as the dreaded fuel cuts.

My car was used recently by the MLR in the direct comparison against the FQ400 :mockery: , and the results will soon be printed for all to see ( Are you reading this Jason :) )

Later
Daz

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
Ollie,
I have an FQ320 which had the stalling issue. The "fix" sorted it. My only reluctance is having to go back to a VI dump valve. Will this cope with increased boost as I mod my car, or will I have to upgrade to somthing better? I presume that Mitsi did change the valve on the VII and VIII for a reason?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Had the stalling thing two, did'nt want to change to a potentionally boost leaking plastic recirc valve so learned how to drive round the it. Sorted :)

As were all here, Those of you with GT4.

8MR with sports tyres, exhaust & chip (basically the same ours with a de-cat) 7:58 on the ring anyone else done better:)

·
Premium Member
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[As were all here, Those of you with GT4.

8MR with sports tyres, exhaust & chip (basically the same ours with a de-cat) 7:58 on the ring anyone else done better:) [/B][/QUOTE]

Fraid i'm a cheap skate when it comes to PS2 as i wait for the games to go 1/2 price or second hand, also i'm too busy with bloody DIY at the moment!!!! - got a happy girlfreind at the moment though which is good cos she dosn't like to look at the back of my head when playing CMR

I take it that as there are no comments on the RC issue that we are all confident in our engine management system and the protection the warranty gives?

·
Registered
557 Posts
just had mine in for some warranty work but the never mentioned anything about the stalling problems i have - always straight from reverse to 1st when doing a 3 point turn on my drive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts