Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys

Just a quick question..........

On my Evo 6 key, there is a button, which I assume is for an alarm system. When I open the glove box, there is also a small black keypad with numbers on it. Which I guess is for an alarm system also?

I had a CAT 1 alarm system fitted to the car before I had seen it, but has anyone tried to put a battery into the key to see what happens?

If this is an alarm system and it is operational, would they work together?

Cheers

Naunt (paranoid through and through)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Don't put a battery in your original key. If you use that as well it will confuse your alarm system. When I had my alarm fitted I was advised to use the key without the sender on it and keep the other key in a safe place. The reason being that spares were unobtainable. The keypad must be for your Cat 1 alarm.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks......

I think. Not to cast dispersions, but how do I know you're not the biggest badest car theif around and you're just trying to lower the security on your next target? http://www.ltregister.force9.co.uk/graphics/Happy.gif border|EQU| 0 align|EQU| middle >

Oh, I think I really must seek help, this paranoia is getting too much !! - But who can I talk to? - They're bound to be watching !!

Time to get out the kitchen foil and decorate my bedroom (it worked for that bloke on Eastenders!!)

Naunt

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If it is anything lie the earlier Evos (specifically the Evo I), the button on the key is for the keyless entry. Just hold the key near the driver's door handle and press te button to unlock the door. I fitted an alarm on my car (with keyless entry) and the button on the Mitsu key still works without confusing the alarm. I still have to use the alarm remote to disarm the alarm if I unlock the door with the Mitsu key (which is why I don't bother to use the Mitsu key anymore)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The alarm system I have fitted operates the central locking anyway. There is no need to use the original key.

No, I am not a car thief.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The keypad should be for disarming the alarm with a pin number, should for some reason the electronic 'blipper' stop working (flat battery, lost in underpants, etc). But you'd need the number... Is there a little tag with you car-keys with a number printed on it, if not....Bugger.
TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I too have an Evo and have taken it to stage 3 fitting an alarm is very important.
I had a CAT alarm but found it kept MIAOWWING in the middle of the night!
Don't use both alarms together there may be a cat fight!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts