Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i press the fob to set the alarm it gives four beeps(which i think means the alarm is set), then maybe 5 mins later the alarm goes off. just replaced one off the door sensors as i thought this was the problem:wallbang:. any ideas:smthumbup

·
Registered
534 Posts
when i press the fob to set the alarm it gives four beeps(which i think means the alarm is set), then maybe 5 mins later the alarm goes off. just replaced one off the door sensors as i thought this was the problem:wallbang:. any ideas:smthumbup
What make and model of alarm do you have installed fella? :) from here i may well be able to offer some help :smthumbup

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
I think four beeps is reading a door, boot, bonnet still open.

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
just remembered from somewhere about the bonnet switch. open the bonnet and push it down, then try locking.

·
Registered
175 Posts
If you are still having probles give me a ring mate

Ian 07774 446402 Leeds

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
if the interior light goes on when you open a door, and off when you close them its not 1 of the 4 door sensors

chances are it will be the bonnet sensor, with the bonnet up, look along the front for the sensor/plunger, and there should be 1 wire connected underneath it, if you remove this wire (and make sure it doesn't earth on anything) the try the alarm again

Stu

·
Registered
4,163 Posts
I've had 2 instances like this, one was I left interior light on, and the other was the bonnet switch had bent downwards and wasn't making contact

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just remembered from somewhere about the bonnet switch. open the bonnet and push it down, then try locking.
just tried this and didnt get the four beeps, car gave 2 flashes. then put the bonnet down and the four beeps agen. so ive just pulled the sensor up abit and i get two flashes now. is this whats supposed to happen:confused:

·
Premium Member
22,084 Posts
just tried this and didnt get the four beeps, car gave 2 flashes. then put the bonnet down and the four beeps agen. so ive just pulled the sensor up abit and i get two flashes now. is this whats supposed to happen:confused:
before when you had the 4 beeps, if you left the alarm armed, would the alarm eventually sound?

i'd expect it should, and if now it doesn't i'd guess it is correct

Easy test, shut everything up, alarm the car, leave it for a few minutes then unlock the door with the key and open it, see if the alarm sounds

Stu

·
Registered
12,391 Posts
2 beeps good, four beeps bad.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well since i got the car its always beeped 4 times when locking, and never had the problem with the alarm goin off until recently. alarm doesnt seem to be going off anymore but will try what you suggest tomorrow

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
if the interior light goes on when you open a door, and off when you close them its not 1 of the 4 door sensors

chances are it will be the bonnet sensor, with the bonnet up, look along the front for the sensor/plunger, and there should be 1 wire connected underneath it, if you remove this wire (and make sure it doesn't earth on anything) the try the alarm again

Stu
right ive done what you said and also had to bend the sensor back up and everything seems to be working ok now.
cheers for the help guys:smthumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts