Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently making a cold air box & battery relocate for my 6 and need the 's' shaped alloy tube from the turbo intake to MAF /filter.

Basically it's the 1 that comes with battery relocate kits , any1 know where I can get 1 without paying silly money ??!! Oh yeah , only mandrel bent types, not cut & welded sh#t !!

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
I made my own by buying two 45 degree mandrel bent alloy pipes off ebay and a couple of connectors.

About to change the turbo to a GT35R - will do the same and get 2 x 45dgree 4" alloy pipes and smaco hoses - done. Beats paying £100's on these branded suction pipes.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Matt TRL said:
This can be fabricated in stainless steel preformed bends and tig welded it will look nice and flow well Not the the cut and shut kind you mention

Regards

matt
Do you have some off the shelf items available?

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
use 2 90degree silicon hoses, short connector in the middle, jubilee them together..... all done :D perfect s bend with virtually no heat soak ;)......i think this is what lee5 does, drop him a pm as he makes the kits, so he may have the pipe your after ;)

·
Registered
2,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Don't want to use silicone , it's not really suitable for the job. The wall is too soft and has a tendency to distort under vacuum or pressure .Also , using a joiner causes airflow restriction.Stainless tends to be heavier than aluminium , so I want to use ali.
Might try & get some ali tubing bent at an exhaust bender.

Am using a MAF until I get my new ECU later in the year.

·
Registered
4,470 Posts
no point having 3" intakes made up if your planning big bhp......... bigger power, bigger turbo, you'll need a 4" inlet...all the big power guys run 4" flexible plastic ducting again no heat soak

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.