Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I would like to fit an air filter to my Evo6. When I do that, do I have to change something else on the car (like the mapping,...), or can I just fit it like that.
Then when it is on, do you feel the difference (apart from the extra noise), or do you have to put an bigger exhaust as well to feel it?

Thanks for your help

Tarik

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I dont think you need to do remapping for you ECU By just install an Air filter.I think You ECU can Relearn and adjust By itself If you Just reset the ECU.Depends on what kind of air filter a cone type or just a OEM type drop in filter.I dont think you will feel much difference in power with a drop in type filter.A cone type filter may be abit better.But For sure It will be a good combo. If you have the Exhaust upgraded It will feel and free up some power and better response of your car.But to gain the most you should get a down pipe!You will really feel the Power difference !!

Joseph

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.