Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have a british hand book and i was messing around with the air conditioning and i noticed that the temp twist button also pushes in and out , i was wondering what its purpose was ?? obviosly twisting it changes the heat settings but what does pushing it do ??

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Negri

Pushing the button puts the air conditioning into auto or climate control mode. The air con/heating should adjust itself to keep the car at a constant temperature. I think there are 3 sensors in the car that are used for this. Personally, I don't find it works that well though.

Dave

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The climate control on the EVO is far superior to some other systems on the market ! The Jaguar system is like a fridge when the sun comes out !

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, no surprise there with the Jaguar.

My old man had a new 4.2 Sovereign in the early eighties and the only way to get cold air was to waft the hot cigarette lighter under the temp sensor in the dash.

It's replacement a 3.6 XJ40 had adifferent trick - the air-con caught fire!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mitsubishi make the best air-conditioners in the world so the one in the Evo will no doubt be first class too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Siko,

Mitsubishi may (this is a matter of opinion) make the best air conditioners in the world, but they are not made by the same company. Mitsubishi Electric make office/ home a/c and are nothing to do with Mitsi cars. All Mitsubishi means is Three Red Diamonds. Apparently there are several Jap companies with the same name, none relate to the others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts