Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Firstly - please don't shout!
Secondly - press caps lock button!
Thirdly - as far as I can make out, it simply doesn't work as hard (when in this mode) to get to the desired air temperature.
If you use air con alot you'll notice fuel consumption and performance aren't quite as good, as it takes a lot of power to operate.
I generally only ever use Air Con when it's a bloody hot day.

Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ECO means economical, which as Rosco says means basically the air con system is still on but isnt working as hard, and as such you wont use as much fuel :) I use the system set to ECO all the time, unless the windows are really steamed up, then i use the system on normal.

Not had the car long enough to use the system in a summer yet though :)

Rich.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I found my windows steamed up badly when I first got my VI. Then after thinking about it I realised my missus had been playing with the Air Con and had set the damn thing to recirculate the air!!!!
Soon sorted that out and her for that matter!
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Eco only runs the aircon when the engine is under load.

More economical.

I tend to leave mine on all the time at this setting, cos it helps clear the windscreen.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Same here, ECO mode all the time. Air-con does hot and cold, great for winter.

I used to switch it on and off, but I found the difference in fuel economy and power between off, and Eco negligible. Even the full Aircon mode doesn't bother the performance much.
And you need to make sure the compressor is run a few times every month at least otherwise it can knacker up and you get a large bill - ask Chunky !

TonyC

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Basically , if full auto aircon is selected it will reach the chosen cabin temp as fast as possible , either cold or warm. On ECO , the time taken 2 do the same is longer. So on a summer day with a high cabin temp after been parked u will want the aircon 2 chill asap , but in normal use the extra time taken 2 control cabin temp is acceptable. Benefit is as previously stated , costs less in fuel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.