Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having made a total fool of myself a year ago calling the AA out when a pool of water started forming under my P1 on a hot sunny day, I wonder whether I have the same ith my 8.

Drivers side, just by front wheel strut, clear warm fluid - could be water, didn't like to taste! Can't see any pipes, just metal and large drips of fluid.

Air con has been on all day.

I have clicking brakes when bringing the car to a halt from walking pace - could this be connected in any way? (see brake section)

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
Or if you're too chicken to taste, smell it...air con water won't smell of anything.

BTW the air con water pool on my VI is on the passenger side, so best check that VIII's drip on the other side otherwise it might be something else.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
its definately dripping from the drivers side, fluid is clear and odourless - can anyone confirm what side the aircon pool is on an 8? This is coming down from sort underneath the steering column, but there are no pipes or anything - dripping from a join by the looks of things.

Cars in for a check on Wednesday, so will get it looked at then.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is likely to be the air con dripping?

Exactly same thing happened to me yesterday - never had a car with air con before the Evo so not sure if its normal to get dripping water.

Cheers
Boon

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
boony said:
Can anyone confirm whether or not this is likely to be the air con dripping?

Exactly same thing happened to me yesterday - never had a car with air con before the Evo so not sure if its normal to get dripping water.

Cheers
Boon
most cars with air con do it. its common.
Steve

·
Banned
14,303 Posts
Steve220 said:
:hammerhea :mhihi:
:D gets better! :D met up with 123456(well think got that right!)at salou rally.could,nt understand why windscreen wash still empty? :confused: Put it in intercooler :crackup:
ok i did the blonde bit.but get this.his mate said you wont hurt it footsie.infact when it Freezes!!!! :crackup: will do it good :crackup: :crackup: only Frost i see is in me Fridge :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts