Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
This is a great tool that lets you compare the performance of one car against another.

http://aidy.imoc.co.uk/evo/vs.asp

It runs on a massive database of cars and their torque curves, gear ratios etc. Enter the name of the two cars and hit validate. If it doesn't find your car then try re-wroding it. eg if EVO 6 doesn't work try EVO VI. When both cars have been found click to get the results and it says what would win.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Aidy said:
This is a great tool that lets you compare the performance of one car against another.

http://aidy.imoc.co.uk/evo/vs.asp

It runs on a massive database of cars and their torque curves, gear ratios etc. Enter the name of the two cars and hit validate. If it doesn't find your car then try re-wroding it. eg if EVO 6 doesn't work try EVO VI. When both cars have been found click to get the results and it says what would win.
evo wins every time.

aidy what do you work as?

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
Aidy said:
View my profile :) I'm a computer programmer.
to get into that kind of work do you need further education?

im hacked off working with the P.O. but ive never really known how to approach these I.T. jobs.
the onsite stuff looks easy as all they do come and replace parts (fujitsu)

·
Super Moderator
Jesus built my car
38,883 Posts
Originally posted by WULLIE
> to get into that kind of work do you need further education?

To get into it you either need a degree and start as a junior, or if you already have about 2 or 3 years experience you can go on that. Of course to get the experience in the first place you need to get a job, and to get a job you need experience or a degree :)

If you don't want to do a degree then you could try some freelance stuff and get some things like web sites "out there" and see if you can blag a job that way.

> the onsite stuff looks easy as all they do come and replace
> parts (fujitsu)

That's more desktop support type stuff, but the principal will be the same.

·
Registered
5,758 Posts
thanks.

thats the bit i dont like. doing all the further education. i'd prefer to go in and learn on the job but as with most of the recruitment ads i see they all want previous + qualifications.

i am also not in a position to take wage cuts so i can go and learn.

nevermind, one of these days i will get my 6 numbers

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
SO far

NEONS
FOUR WHEEL DRIFT
INTERBOILER
WHO IS THE YOUNGEST MEMBER
QUARTER MILE
CHOCOLATE PISTONS
ACTIVE YAW CONTROL