Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been trying to sort out my break this last week, after having the front caliper cleaned out and new discs/pads fitted, the rear were them tended to. Turns out that the rear right caliper is goosed, so had no option to source a replacement. FPS didnt list one for the rear right on a E1, they do the other 3 thou!!!!!

Anyways, managed to get my hand on a used one from a reputable source, got a decent price for it, and sent cash so i could complete the deal asap as the E1 was at the garage for the past week.

Well, rings up this morning, the caliper has been delivered MINUS THE BLEED NIPPLE! what i mean is, the caliper supplied has come to me with a sheared bleed nipple, sheared to the point that its flush and has no nut to undo.

What do you guy recommend????????

Ive tried contacting the person who supplied it, but is away till monday which is gonna be a bit late, a collegue has taken my number and said would ring back if they found one, still waiting, 3 hours later! They wanted it returned, i asked "at my expense?" answer was youll have to dicuss it with other person...........

Can they be machined out? If so, its gonna cost money whoever i can find to do it, and then id still need a nipple.

Should i be compensated???????? Thats another issue i havent bought up yet.

What do i do???????????

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
Don't panic mate, should be easy enough to get out. First off soak the bit left of the bleed nipple in WD40 or something to that affect and leave it for a few hours. While you're waiting head off to you local motor factors/tool suppliers and get yourself a small set of stud extractors/easy-outs. There should be one small enough in the set to screw into the hole in the bleed nipple. I've done this a few times over the years and worked a treat, the odd one had to be drilled out which is an easy job too. Just replace it with the bleed nipple from your old caliper (don't break that one!!) ;)

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
oooooh, easi-outs, not my cup of tea those. I had one snap creating all sorts of bother, i dont think a one that small for a bleed valve would be up to much turning force. Id have more luck with a jedi mind trick!

Anyways, not to worry too much now, ive since spoken to said company, and they have agreed to send me another one out, just needed stripped off the vehicle, and packed up to be sent hopefully for sat delivery.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it is litterally.......... stuck or seized if you like.
Im ok for now providing this other one turns up, plus its paid for, but i will bear it in mind if it goes tats up.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the generous offer mike, but after a frantic dash to get down to Amtrak depot, i managed to get the replacement caliper today. This one was in much better shape, freshly come off a car, signs of brake fluid, seals intact. It should be fitted on the car by now, but wont know for sure till monday when i can check.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts