Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've currently got my Evo insured on a multicar insurance , but obviously in the event of the car getting stolen or being involved in accident and being a write off I will only get market value for the car .

my question being is there an insurance company that will do an agreed value insurance policy as everything I have looked at will only insure a "classic car " over twenty years old .

Any help greatly appreciated .

Kev.

·
Premium Member
10,630 Posts
Paceward will do agreed value. Just remember if you do agreed value and it goes above that , you will still get the agreed. Pretty obvious!

It does cost you every time you make changes to your insurance so bare that in mind also when considering a value.

·
Premium Member
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paceward will do agreed value. Just remember if you do agreed value and it goes above that , you will still get the agreed. Pretty obvious!

It does cost you every time you make changes to your insurance so bare that in mind also when considering a value.
:smthumbup

Kev.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
Do you mind me asking what you have to supply to 'prove' the value?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't mind at all. Just get an independent Mitsubishi Tuner/trader to supply a report on condition and what it would cost in today's market to buy the same car as a replacement should the worst happen.
Market value will dictate this to a huge degree. These cars are becoming harder to come by including parts and as seen by the car market for these type of vehicles prices are on the increase year on year.
Yes they will increase and someone somewhere will always be ready to pay that bit extra for the right car for them. It's down to supply and demand I suppose.

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
Don't mind at all. Just get an independent Mitsubishi Tuner/trader to supply a report on condition and what it would cost in today's market to buy the same car as a replacement should the worst happen.

Market value will dictate this to a huge degree. These cars are becoming harder to come by including parts and as seen by the car market for these type of vehicles prices are on the increase year on year.

Yes they will increase and someone somewhere will always be ready to pay that bit extra for the right car for them. It's down to supply and demand I suppose.
Interesting as there is in inevitable element of subjectivity on the value of these cars, especially the rarer models with low mileages.

Thanks for the reply

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
I have the evo on my fleet policy at an agreed value of 30k, under written by aviva not much more than standard "market value" cover

1 - 12 of 12 Posts