Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When applying iron x to paint work, do you use anything to get it working or just rinse it off after a few mins. Been doing the latter but was wondering if there was a better way.

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
I've only ever left it and rinsed it off. Carpro do iron x in a snow soap too which can be used in a lance or bucket wash but I've never used it so can't comment on its effectiveness in that format.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
On the panels I always wiped it over panel with very wet cloth once you could see everything had softened.

This is a job I used to do if it was slightly raining I was always worried about it drying.

·
Premium Member
6,034 Posts
Rich on panels you can use a microfibre wash mit and on wheels use a detailing brush, personally I have never needed to agitate Iron X as my cars were never that dirty so I just stood back and watched in amazement of all the Iron X turning purple and leaving the wheels mint:smthumbup

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I'm contemplating getting some to use in a bucket solution as lube for one of the new clay mitts, I like the idea of flaying and iron x at the same time.
Would you wash,iron x,tardis,

Then use clay mitt (they looks brilliant)?
What would you use as clay lube?

·
Premium Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rich on panels you can use a microfibre wash mit and on wheels use a detailing brush, personally I have never needed to agitate Iron X as my cars were never that dirty so I just stood back and watched in amazement of all the Iron X turning purple and leaving the wheels mint:smthumbup
Cheers Nick

Ive always just left it do its thing but was seeing if I was missing out on making it perform even better. I like to get as much off as I can before I clay:smthumbup

·
Premium Member
1,716 Posts
Any marring with these clay towels
I think there's always going to be a risk of marring Brad but from the reading I've done on them it seems slightly less than a bar. I'm going to wait for the Chemical Guys fine clay mitt to come back in stock which won't be very aggressive, plenty of lube and not too much pressure should be fine. I find claying my least enjoyable and time consuming part so I'm looking forward to giving one a try, if there's good results with iron x snow soap as lube then that would be fantastic.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts