Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit sad,but after owning my 1 and only evo for 17.5 years...many trackdays,many restos,many engines and diffs:ROFLMAO:...so much fun,its time to move on

Saw it drive away on saturday,i felt a bit numb tbh...empty garage...but my choice to sell...i just cant keep it AND buy something else:(

The car was awesome....430bhp,but punched well above its weight with loony me at the wheel on trackdays getting black flagged for drifting.:geek::p

Was time to move on,done all i can to the car and had contemplated a focus rs or something a few years ago ...but nothing came close.

Was waiting for a car to come along to get me back into it.....and after a few dices on track and a go in a few on the road...the next step is..

A Yaris GR...brand new one on order.

Yes,not as violent boost or "retro" "historic" as the evo....but go well and handle superb....new project

Some (alot) of people think im mad,....but its a new car with warranty and im not bolting on bits to a 22 year old car.

Sadly ill be on here a bit less.....met/spoke to some great people on here over the 17 years..i probably bought off/used every single trader on here.:ROFLMAO:

All enjoy your evos and dont wrap them up away from everyone!!..let people see them!...im still a massive fan!!

Ill leave my resto thread on here,for anyone who needs inspiration...or mad enough to do it!!馃槀

(y)(y)

Premium Member
Sad times indeed Phil, that was one hell of an Evo 6 and simply irreplaceable. Been great chatting to you over the years, maybe see you at a track in the Yaris in the future...
...did I really say that. Sure the new wheels will get a fettle along the way.
Take care buddy.馃憤

Premium Member
A lot of ex subaru and evo owners would be sorely tempted with a yaris.
So many great reviews on them.
Like you said, its a brand new car, so less to go wrong and they are starting to get regularly modified with plenty of bits to waste your money on!
Are you going to go for preparing and protecting the underside and detailing of the whole car, when you get it?

NR555
All the best Phil. Last week was my 18th anniversary with the same car. It doesn't get used like it has done in the past but still goes a treat. I just can't seem to part with it.

I will have a small bet that the Yaris won't last you 17.5 years though :rolleyes:

Registered
Evo X GSR FQ330
Shame it has to go but I'm honestly contemplating the Yaris GR next too, more so after talking to one of the boys in work who now has one and coming from an array of performance cars, he says its right up there with the best of what he's had in terms of fun drivability. Also had a play against one in the Evo the other night and surprised how quick they were!

Premium Member
Out of curiosity, how much is the GR yaris in the UK 馃 GR Four with circuit pack here is 鈧65k 馃槼 Does it carry a 5yr warranty in the UK?? Think it's just 2.5yrs here in Ireland.
About 拢34k but depends on the colour as they are all different prices, red is the most expensive

Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sad times indeed Phil, that was one hell of an Evo 6 and simply irreplaceable. Been great chatting to you over the years, maybe see you at a track in the Yaris in the future...
...did I really say that. Sure the new wheels will get a fettle along the way.
Take care buddy.馃憤
Yes mate,ill defo see you at a show or trackday next year,great speaking to you.

Yes,its irreplaceable imo....i couldnt get another evo,as i couldnt start over with another car and fit all those parts again and make it that nice.

Yep the yaris has list of parts waiting. And havent even got the car yet.:ROFLMAO:

Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
How long till you get the Yaris? Be great if you did a thread about it ? 馃憤
Hopefully asap....i can have it straight away....more then likely next feb march april tho

I may do a thread....but not an underbody resto surely not.....yet!:D

Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A lot of ex subaru and evo owners would be sorely tempted with a yaris.
So many great reviews on them.
Like you said, its a brand new car, so less to go wrong and they are starting to get regularly modified with plenty of bits to waste your money on!
Are you going to go for preparing and protecting the underside and detailing of the whole car, when you get it?
yes,it will be getting the whole lot coated....machine polish from brand new,ceramic coated...glass,wheels,calipers and then coated underneath.

Then trd kit....exhaust,wheels,air filter,dtuk box (or remap if they unlock it..) 310bhp...

List is big...just like the evo all over again!!:rolleyes::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tarmac Tyre Shredder
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Think im going for the mongoose,ive detailed a gr with one on...sounded nice,low rumble,not raspy.

Aitec filter
eibach 25mm springs
trd side skirt extensions ands front splitter
rallyflapz
wheels.
stern carbon rear seat delete

etc etc etc..lol

1 - 20 of 32 Posts