Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get a set of AFR, Oil Temp & Boost gauges for the evo, pref same brand or appearance.

Any recommendations, esp for the AFR gauge?

·
Registered
11,325 Posts
When I was looking into a brand for gauges it seemed that Defi was recommended by the vast majority of people.

I have a Defi BF Amber 60mm Boost gauge and I'll shortly be getting a matching Oil temp gauge and A-pillar dual gauge holder.

A quick google seems to show that Defi do AFR gauges too.

I got mine from seller "fusion-r" on ebay and I know someone else from MLR who got some Defi kit from him too.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I've been wondering too about AFR.

This appears to be a popular company:

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php

And then here too:

http://www.zeitronix.com/

It's confusing for me because there is really expensive AFR like Autronic Exhaust Gas Analyzer (~$1600) and then relatively cheap ones. Then you have to understand the probes. Then there is narrowband and wideband. Quite confusing.

I *think* my understanding is something like the Innovate product is a pretty good bit of kit. Maybe not for professional tuning, but at least for keeping an eye on things.

:confused:

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
innovate will do you.

even the cheap widebands can be used professionally and tend to do an excellent job.

Just make sure its a true wideband, ie. 5 wire. the 4 wires and sometimes 3 wire probes are a heated narrowband which does not work the same way and does not give a true wideband response.

Personally, unless you are into mapping, I am not convinced people understand what they are doing on the fly, so they tend to be a waste of space.

for gauges, I would far rather have a neat PSI3 monitor sitting above or below the stereo.

·
Registered
984 Posts
I'm gonna ring Innovate at some point because I'm hoping their product can connect to my SM4 and perhaps I could do some logging and stuff.

Remind me about the PSI3 again? It's a little display device that connects up to the standard ECU right?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts