Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know what the GSR stands for??
im going to look at a 2003 evo 8 GSR with 26,000 on the clock... its £16,999 i know they do an FQ but GSR is what??

·
Registered
7,349 Posts
think the acronym stands for 'Grand Sport Racing'
RS = 'rally sport'

GSR is standard 2.0 evo with LSD/ayc, air-con/climate etc
and as you haven't stated ....am taking a guess that this is a UK-specific e8 260 ?
although could be wrong....

FQ is a UK-derived/ badged car - although this is technically still an import

have a read of the 'evo buyers guide' here:
http://www.lancerregister.com/art_evobuyersguide.php

·
Registered
18,120 Posts
Just to clarify:

GSR = Japanese Imported full spec full fat Evo

RS = Japanese Imported stripped spec Evo. Also has different drivetrain (stronger) than the GSR. In addition to this it has also dropped the AYC technology in favour of Limited slip differential for the true racing enthusiast.

MR = Well.. it was the designation for the Evolution 8.5 (it stands for Mitsubishing Racing). The MR being a sort of stop gap car between the EVO VIII and the EVO IX. However, the US in all their wisdom have also made an Evolution IX MR designation that is basically just an equivalent to the GSR (though it doesnt have AYC etc but then again no model of the US versions do).

FQ = This is a designation invented by the guys at CCC (colt car company) who are the official franchise for Mitsubishi (probably better known as Mitsubishi rather than CCC). It currently comes in 3 flavours = FQ300, FQ320 and FQ340. Basically read the number as a loose description of the bhp but the FQ340 also has leather seats and sat nav. There is one 4th designation that is called the FQ400 - this is an extremely limited edition car that pumps out 400+ bhp which is helped by a clutch that is guaranteed to knack your drivetrain.

'EVO 260' = To add to the confusion this is neither a GSR, RS or one of the FQ models. It is a model especially developed by Japan to comply with complete European leglisation and therefore it is homologated for european use. However, something to note - anything that is released by CCC (Mitsubishi UK) can be considered to be an official UK car (doesnt have an SVA / it is registered as a UK car). 260 was apparently supposed to be its BHP figure but has been tested at about 262 to 285 bhp.

I won't bother going into the EVO IX :D

·
Registered
297 Posts
I think you'll find that GSR is just 'trim level' designation.

Therefore everything that isn't an RS is a GSR, in one form or another.

If it's an 8 GSR for 17k, sounds to me like it will be a JDM import with 276 gee gees as standard.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ITS TIP TOP thank god!!!!! gonna pick it up tommorow!!!trading in my p1 :cry: got very good trade in though!

gotto get a few things sorted 1st, one thing that has caught my eye is for some reason the guy who had it before has removed all the badges????????are they easy to get hold of??ie the ones on the rear!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts