Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok guys'n'gals, genuine, honest advice needed......

A friend of a friend can tint windows absolutely perfectly and
I cannot decide if blacked out windows on my evo will look
awesome or make my car look a bit max power nova boy 'ish....

Personally, I think black windows on my yellow5 will be great.....
but id appreciate some honest opinions......

Justin

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Justin

Light Grey is fab. :)
Black is Max Power in my mind.

Also too dark will attract the attentions of the law! :(

Just my EURO's worth!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All personal taste, but I prefer dark windows on light cars...hate them on dark cars cos it makes it look like a pimpmobile. I'd say go for the darkest legal tint. It only looks max power if it's limo tint or done badly. IMHO :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
emm......so whats wrong with a pimpmobile?...i mean.... well ......eemmm....i saw it in a movie once looked good!
its one of the first things on my agenda....and you can really take the p** out of people and they have not got a clue what your doing..... as they look on in awe of your evo!...sorry again..simple but true!...or you could just open the widow a touch and wave 'BYE!'.
:D

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
IMHO: No, dont tint your windows.

It makes it harder to see out them at night time. Putting yourself and your Evo at risk :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Don't let that put you off. At night its true you can't see, but you learn that no headlights |EQU| no traffic . Scary, but true.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Justin,

Blacked out in an Evo wud b pants , it's just not appropriate 2 the car , now a Brabus Merc wud b cool with blackouts :)

Light tints might b ok , especially if u went 4 the security version , u know the type that allows the glass 2 resist hammer blows.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
At most a light tint otherwise max power. however it may get you some tasty looking birds with their norks out all over yer motor .... which is nice.

Who was it mentioned baby oil for polishing duties?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Talk 2 mark5 about car fondling , had a very strange conversation with him at Donington yesterday :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Justin,

Just wear dark sunglasses ever time your in the car in winter similar effect,both ways could look twattish !
personally the scoob sti coupe with rear quarter tinted is ok ,but not an evo,how can other drivers see you smiling when you thrash past them.
How the hell would you see out of the wind screen at night with it tinted?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also, from memory it is illegal in this country to have a tinted windscreen. You can do the rest of the windows, but plod gets all angry if you have the windscreen done too.

Derek

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, well..

I think black windows will look very good on a Yellow 5..

What about just total black windows on the back window and rear halfs? Leaving the front passanger and driver window clear?

Justin, send me a good quality picture of ya EVO, I will photoshop it for you to decide!!

[email protected]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
AS long as it's done right (sound like your mate can do it ok ) i like a 'light tint ' on the evo , will look good on a yellow car , i want my silver 6 tinted but only very light grey just to contrast with the silver (ever noticed all the car manafactures tv ads feature silver cars with tinted windows )

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Fanx guys for all your honest opinions, much appreciated !!!!!

I think its either a very light tint or leave em clear, atleast if they
are clear, all the girlies can see what a hunk I am.....ROFL....

Think ill mail Mr Chadwick a pic and get him to post a pic here before and after...ROFL !!!

J

1 - 16 of 16 Posts