Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am running autronic set up with air induction but without a dump valve.

The car runs fine, however i have a slight niggle regd not having a dump valve,my tuner says it will run fine from his own experience with a high powered evo.I have no reason not to believe him but ,yet i still think may be not a good idea ,in the long term.

What do you guys think, is it ok to run without dump valve?.

The other thing is i would like to have a quieter car and the induction roar sometimes irritates me, so would it be poss to have the standard air box and uprated recirculating dump valve with the autronic set up witout loosing power and especially torque?.I have been told this is not possible because the gains would be a lot less.

What do the tuners think?, would be nice to have input from Gaz.Sam. Mark Shead and all the other experts.

Thanks.

KK.

·
Super Moderator
7,387 Posts
Hello kahn

Why ask for my advice when it was myself that told you that you didn't need to run a D'valve in the first place :confused: most people opt to run a d'valve because they like the noise :) on the other hand alot of people don't like the noise yourself inc, hence why i said you don't need to run one ;) as far as running a re'circ valve goes i would not be happy doing this as returning hot air back into the system is not ideal. But if you choose this method then i will do this on your instruction.

As far as air box's go the E7 item is quite good :) hence why i didn't say you could not run with it, but the results running a filter as fitted to your car currently will be better. Also the noise from your filter will not be much different to running a airbox.

Cheers Gary

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Rich for your comments.

Hi Gaz,no disrepect meant ,I have been happy with all your work.

Now that u explained that no diff in sound with the air filter in the car now and standard, then that takes care of my question,as regards the dump valve it was just in my mind maybe probs in the future why do manufacturers install them in the first instanc,cheers Gaz.See you on wed mate,

·
Registered
224 Posts
Could you explain the benefit to running with no dump valve please? I can see the obvious downsides such as extra wear on your turbo, bearings etc and the loss of performance from extra lag while spinning up but there are obviously some advantages too or you wouldnt do it.

Thnx
Daz

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
Daz_213 said:
Could you explain the benefit to running with no dump valve please? I can see the obvious downsides such as extra wear on your turbo, bearings etc and the loss of performance from extra lag while spinning up but there are obviously some advantages too or you wouldnt do it.

Thnx
Daz
i have run mine back to back, with and without a BOV an a few occasions and can vouch that IMO there is less lag (if you're nice and swift on gearchange ;) ). I think the reason behind this is that the pipework is still pressurised, therefore the turbo doesn't need to work so hard to reach full boost.

this has been discussed a fair bit before.

just for clarification, i drive my car every day, and i can feel no extra play/wear in my turbo from running like this.

·
Registered
381 Posts
funny enough just took my 1 off tonight, pretty much no lag when going for it through the gears, a noticable improvement, gonna see how it goes, the only thing i will be concerned about is shattering the blades, is this possible as i run 1.7 bar?

cheers

·
Registered
11,140 Posts
leadfoot said:
funny enough just took my 1 off tonight, pretty much no lag when going for it through the gears, a noticable improvement, gonna see how it goes, the only thing i will be concerned about is shattering the blades, is this possible as i run 1.7 bar?

cheers
mine haven't shattered in all the time i've been running. i'm no turbo expert, so cant really say, but i have had no probs :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts