Lancer Register Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
What type of work are you looking to get. Perhaps I can suggest a place for you given my location. (USA)

Benson Machine is very good. Our shop uses them (in CA)
The backup is about a month right now though.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Looking to buy.

2.3 stroker kit
springs and valves
solid lifters
264/272 cams
Lite cam gears
tubular manifold
turbo, not decided which one yet, but small and punchy, not huge and laggy.

All to go with whats already on the car with Apexi ECU.

I'm in the UK, not US and these guys at Jackson Automotive seem to do the lot.

I just want to know of their quality, or a company with similar prices and good quality.

Does anyone know how much trq the standard diff on a GSR can handle? Reliable trq that is. 350, 400, 500 etc??

·
Registered
578 Posts
I would recommend a Holset HX35 turbo from www.bullseyepower.com

You can tell them that Alex from dent sport referred you if you like. The prices are very good and the turbos are developed with help from MHI. The turbine housings allow for a direct bolt on. The HX35 is the updated equivalent of the MHI 20G turbo and robust enough to handle anti-lag.

The other, more expensive option is something from ATPturbo.com in the form of a GT3071R Garrett BB turbo. I have one on my car but it has yet to run so I can't attest to it's power. It's good for about 400whp on AWD.

For the stroker kit I recommend

http://www.ffwdconnection.com/strokernew.shtml.

They are widely used here in the US for builds. They're hard to reach sometimes but the quality is unmatched. We have an engine from them at the shop now built for 700hp and it should be ready to produce by the end of the summer.

I am more than willing to help you and I'm trying to set up vendor status but no luck on replies. I'm not benefiting from these references so mods, please don't delete my post.

Alex Grabau
Dent Sport Garage

1 - 4 of 4 Posts