Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to get a new IC for my evo 6, not got a pile of money to play with, I've seen some on ebay, with polished hard pipes for about £200, are they any good?

Chris

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
doubt it mate tbc, dont think they will hold bopost pressure very well, what sort of power are you running?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I wouldnt trust cheep intercoolers mate but thats my opinion, intercooler is very important on any turbo charged car(especialy when its your own :) ) and I personally wouldnt buy something budget for it. I have to admit i was tempted also but have been advised by alot of members on here to save up a bit more dosh and go for something proper :smthumbup
Im not saying anyones products are rubbish mate, just giving my opinion :)

·
Registered
8,764 Posts
You get what you pay for with cores. I had an autobahn intercooler on my old silver 6, hated it. But it did for 370bhp.

·
Gizzmo Distributor
8,573 Posts
Sometimes I wonder if people are just being brand snobs!
I've always been one for doing things properly, but at the lowest cost possible.
The company that make our intercoolers in the UK had one of our "ebay" cores to test last month.
He was completely shocked at the results... It had less pressure drop that the core he uses (which costs 4x as much) and in cooling terms was 2deg different - which he openly said could have been due to not being able to test both cores side by side at exactly the same time.

Steve - why did you hate the Autobahn Core?

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Sometimes I wonder if people are just being brand snobs!
I've always been one for doing things properly, but at the lowest cost possible.
The company that make our intercoolers in the UK had one of our "ebay" cores to test last month.
He was completely shocked at the results... It had less pressure drop that the core he uses (which costs 4x as much) and in cooling terms was 2deg different - which he openly said could have been due to not being able to test both cores side by side at exactly the same time.

Steve - why did you hate the Autobahn Core?
Have you got a price on these kits and pics, I've had a look on your site but can't see them.

Chris

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
You get what you pay for with cores. I had an autobahn intercooler on my old silver 6, hated it. But it did for 370bhp.
I run 630hp on my Autobhan88 core. Intake temps are all within reason too.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts