Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I need some advice please.

I'm running 245/40x 18's on Advan RS 18x9 with an offset of 28 and have some issues with them rubbing on the rear arch, i really dont want to get the arches rolled and am considering putting some normal road tyres back on and getting some dedicated track wheels and putting the advan's on there, i am wondering if anyone else is running these tyre's and if so what wheels are you using and whether you have/are experiencing the same problem? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated

·
Zero Fighter
12,892 Posts
I'm running same size tyres but on 8,5 wide 30offset ,18" too,wheels and don't have issue with them rubbing wheel arches

·
Climate Changer
4,233 Posts
Hi All, I need some advice please.

I'm running 245/40x 18's on Advan RS 18x9 with an offset of 28 and have some issues with them rubbing on the rear arch, i really dont want to get the arches rolled and am considering putting some normal road tyres back on and getting some dedicated track wheels and putting the advan's on there, i am wondering if anyone else is running these tyre's and if so what wheels are you using and whether you have/are experiencing the same problem? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated
I have 245/40/18 ADO8's on an 18x9.5 +34 and they clear the rear arches with about 5mm to spare.. no rubbing at all.

So, that 6mm difference is what is causing your problem.

:smthumbup

Attachments

·
Zero Fighter
12,892 Posts
Thanks, what wheels do you have?
I'm running rays ce28 and the car is on oem bilsteins and eibach springs,if I find a photo I'll post it up but the rear looks quiet low and so far never had any issues with rubbing the wheel arches

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replying to my post,

Have you ever heard of any company's that can safely machine alloy wheels to change the offset as it seems like my advan's are only a couple of mm's of the mark? :handsup::handsup::handsup:

·
Zero Fighter
12,892 Posts
I haven't heard of any I'm afraid but you can speak to these guys http://www.lepsons.com ,they're very good in wheel refurbishment,haven't used them myself but many local members and Londoners have and do recomend them

Speak to them but to be honest I'd rather get new ones and sell those.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts