Lancer Register Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Just wondered whether anyone else has had the same problem as me with admiral insurance. Last year i insured my evo VI GSR (UK) with admiral and its now renewal time so i got the renewal quote and it had gone up by £120 so i thought i would see if it went down if i got a multicar quote with my girlfriends cars. Online i tried to get a quote but it only had the option to select an import version of the EVO VI. I know they are all imports really but last year they had the option to select ralliart EVO VI GSR (UK). Anyway thought i would just choose import to see what quote i would get. Anyway quote was the same as i paid last year before the £120 increase so thought this was a bargain. I then phoned up and explained that my car is not an import but a uk spec car. Well after alot of being put on hold i am told they dont insure non import EVO VI they only insure imports. Obviosuly i said this cant be the case as you insured it last year as a non import evo VI. I tried to explain that import and non imports are basically exactly the same but they were not having it. They are now refering me to underwriters. Is there anyone else who has a UK EVO VI that is insured with admiral.??. Can it really be this much of a pain to get my car insured. I think its another case of the computer says NO!!!. Normally insurance companies cant wait to take your money !!!!

:wallbang::cry::wallbang::cry:

·
Premium Member
220 Posts
I have just insured my new Evo VI TME UK spec with Admiral!!!

I cant remember which company I phoned but remember one company saying they wouldnt insure it - I have a feeling it was admiral - then I phoned back to try and remove my no claims from my existing policy to put on the Evo and suddenly we struck a deal :lol:

Good luck mate!!

·
Registered
332 Posts
My wife called admiral for a quote for our evo 4 & her skyline r33. We payed £1850 last time with adrian flux so we tryed admiral multicar they want £2200

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well i have been using admiral for a few years now and they are always cheaper by quite a lot. Well as long as i put my girlfriend on the insurance that is. Which is a bit mad seeing as she has had two crahses in the last 2 years and both were her fault. Where as i have been driving 13 years without a claim. Well have not heard back from admiral yet, shall give them a bell and mention there are other people who have got an evo vi insured with them.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I renewed my insurance for my Evo VI (Ralliart UK car) in Jan, on a multicar policy with the wifes Integra type-R, no problems (and about £500 for the pair fully comp).

I'd speak to Admiral again, and hope you get someone who knows what they re talking about. Not insuring UK cars but insuring imports makes no sense at all.

Rob

·
Registered
28 Posts
It does seem wierd. I am insured with admiral on my Accord Type R, and when I tried to get online quotes for a UK spec Evo 6, they only had the import models available in the options list. same with Bell and Elephant, both part of the Admiral group. Very wierd.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
Insured my UK 6 for 5 last five years with Admiral. Gone with different company this year and saved £160+. Interestingly, new company wants to clasify my car an import. What ever.........

·
Registered
585 Posts
Try calling them again, I have the multi car policy with the Evo 6 import and Saab convertable 04 model.
First they said they did not insure the Evo 6 on my renewal.
I said I had the same type of car last year and you guys insured it.
The lady did not know what she was talking about, she seemed confused always refering to someone else and putting me on hold.
The slapper....
Anyway I dropped the phone and called again, now I am insured on both cars as per usual.
I think it comes down to the sales person.
I think I got a new rookie.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
well after speaking to about 10 different people and be put on hold for hours and hours and being told by underwriters that they dont insure uk spec evo VIs i finally spoke to someone who knew something about evo VIs. He knew they were imported by ralliart and checked and all evo Vis are being refered to as imports by admiral now.

p.s tried adrian flux and they were virtually the same price as admiral but had to declare my tracker where as admiral dont seem to give you any discount for security so just leave it as none just in case i claim and the tracker stops working.

·
Registered
5,636 Posts
well after speaking to about 10 different people and be put on hold for hours and hours and being told by underwriters that they dont insure uk spec evo VIs i finally spoke to someone who knew something about evo VIs. He knew they were imported by ralliart and checked and all evo Vis are being refered to as imports by admiral now.

p.s tried adrian flux and they were virtually the same price as admiral but had to declare my tracker where as admiral dont seem to give you any discount for security so just leave it as none just in case i claim and the tracker stops working.
try keith michaels kidda :smthumbup

·
Registered
635 Posts
I have just renewed my policy with admiral this month they do insure evo's and you can select it in the drop down menu on there website i have been insured with them for a few years and when my first evo was stolen they paid out with in four weeks and that was over the xmas period they didnt even try to give me a **** settlment they offered just above full market value straight away. I have one tip though if you get a quote from elephant which is normaly abit cheaper and then ring admiral they will match it straight away as they are the same insurance group.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
I had a reasonable quote from Admiral last year,tried to get a renewal quote this year (age 31, full no-claims,clean license), and they now won't insure my VI at all !

Had a great quotes from Keith michaels and Pace Ward though :smthumbup

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
im insured with elephant (for last 3 years) and my renewal is due at end of march but when i go to get a quote there isnt the option of tommi mak in the drop down menu. ??? Obviously i havent had my renewel through just yet but i hope they arent gonna start saying that they dont insure them anymore.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No think you should be alright with the tme as when i was on the phone to them the tme was the only non import one they could find. They tried to tell me the tme and the gsr were obviously the same thing.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I also insured my VI with admiral along side my works only car as a multicar policy. Both insured and mods notified, no points full ncb, tracker & cat1 for under £600.
Awesome deal.
Rang them direct for the best deal ever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts